measuring big

im 25 weeks and yest i wnt to the doc and im measuring 29 weeks shes gonna do a sono fri 2 see how big the baby is, but my ques is has this happened to ne one else and if so how big was ur baby at birth?

kimmie123

Asked by kimmie123 at 6:37 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yep happened to me and none of my kids were as big as they said they were gonna be.
    Anonymous

• ya mine were 8lbs, 10lbs 14oz, and this one is more than 9 lbs right now.
    pinkbutterfly

Answer by pinkbutterfly at 6:45 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I've heard that it doesn't always mean anything at all. My first child went back and forth between being two weeks ahead and right on schedule. Only time will tell. Good luck
    moosie711

Answer by moosie711 at 6:51 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Let's just say they told me my daughter was measuring small & they had me do non stress tests (NSTs) twice a week for at least 2 months and my daughter came out 8lbs. 7oz! If your baby gets too big they'll probably induce you or do a c-section. My husband was a 10lb. baby born naturally, though and like the PPs you'll get through it!
    DancingK

Answer by DancingK at 7:29 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• my hubbys friend was told her babys head was mesuring at 42 weeks and was gana be over 10 lbs but he was born with a normal size head and only weighed 7lbs so
    Mother_18

Answer by Mother_18 at 7:55 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• It can be normal to measure off a little temporarily or the entire pregnancy. Babies will have a growth spurt that sometimes offsets the even-keel growth. When mine measured ahead here and there, I would catch up... by the end of my pregnancies, I was going backward. lol!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 8:29 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Well your baby could be big, or small, and getting a sono is pointless because it wont prove anything lol. They can be off by a lot.. i always measure bigger. my daughter was 8lbs 6 oz..

c/s or inductions are not necessary for big babies and are a lot more risky..

doulala is right, you could eventually even out.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 8:35 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I've had an ultrasound the past two months in a row because I've been measuring big. Right now I'm 32 weeks measuring 35, but once again the ultrasound revealed my son is right on target for length and weight at 32 weeks. As my doc put it, sometimes it's not the baby, just how you carry.
    Reulia

Answer by Reulia at 9:33 PM on Feb. 18, 2009