Seriously, I almost freakin' killed him!

My boyfriend's ex brought my stepson to our house to spend the night so he can go to the amusement parkwith us tomorrow after his dad gets off work. The kid almost didn't live to see the amusement park.

I've been busting my hump all week, putting this house back in order, and a lot of the reason it was out of order was because of him. He never throws anything away or puts it in the recycle bin. He stashes food and drink trash under chairs and beds, behind furniture, in my daughter's toy boxes, and wherever else is handy. His crap is everywhere--half-done puzzles that he complains don't have all their pieces, abandoned or crumpled-up origami projects, you get the picture. After four days, I finally got the place to where I could live with it again, because there was no real hope of keeping it that way while he was here for weeks at a time.

So he breezes in, stops in his tracks, and says, "This place looks so clean! Am I in the wrong house?"

He's lucky to be alive.

To make this a question, have your kids or SO's said anything lately that almost got them murdered where they stood?

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 12:32 AM on Aug. 10, 2013 in Just for Fun

• Dd told me that I don't get to choose the TV channel and have the iPad at the same time because I don't pay for either of them. She got to learn how to make her own breakfast and lunch and how to do her own laundry (including folding and putting it all away). DS got to learn by default.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:44 AM on Aug. 10, 2013

• No, I loved a house that is lived in and cleaning up the mess at the end of the day, told me my house was a home.
    Albeit, we all worked together to clean up at the end of the day so we could start over the next day.
    One day you'll miss your messy house, I know I do. :(
    I miss my boys!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 12:38 AM on Aug. 10, 2013

• Hmmm.... Well my daughter got sent to bed early yesterday for not listening. She snuck out of her room and her dad said "you have one chance to sit in your chair and eat your dinner and start listening to your parents " and she ran to me in the livng room and exclaimed MOMMY I AM LISTENING!!!!! Then started dancing.

I of course don't want to hurt her but it made me facepalm.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:36 AM on Aug. 10, 2013

• at least he noticed
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 12:38 AM on Aug. 10, 2013

• I had my car cleaned out a couple weeks ago so I've been telling my son to please be careful not stepping on seats like he always does. The other day he stepped over the seat again, realized what he did, looked at me and said "oops, I walked on your seat. But you can just clean it again". He almost walked home.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 3:38 AM on Aug. 10, 2013

• Not so much said as much as what she did...My DD had a melt down at the bus stop coming home yesterday. She wanted to cross the street but I was not ready- I was talking She got angry and threw he back pack down then yelled at me. I told her with that attitude she as not going to be invited to go to the store with me she would have to stay home with Daddy and that she needed to rethink her reaction. The then proceeded to Scream and run back to the front of the neighborhood. He friends were running after her telling her to come back. When I caught up to them the kids had cornered her and she was screaming at them to leave her alone and trying to kick them. I get her arm and start to walk her back and she drops to the ground. I picked her up and she was screaming 'PUT ME DOWN' all the way home. With me explain that I could not put her down because I did not trust her. ::sigh:: Learned behavior is awesome...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:40 AM on Aug. 10, 2013

• I know she was tired but this was over the top. I have seen my son act like this in a rage but not my DD. This I feel was learned and I am cracking down on it NOW. She has zero life this weekend as I can't trust her to behave in an appropriate manner. I also had her draw me a picture on her chalk board of what happened and how everyone might have been feeling.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:42 AM on Aug. 10, 2013