Sixteen lucky dogs!

16 Ocean County, NJ, garage workers have 1 of 3 winning tickets for $448M Powerball jackpot

Published August 09, 2013/
Associated Press

TOMS RIVER, N.J. – Sixteen workers from a county garage in a New Jersey shore community hit hard by Superstorm Sandy have one of the three winning tickets in the $448 million Powerball jackpot, and some even came to work for a second straight day after learning they would be multimillionaires, county officials said.

"We are absolutely delighted for this group, a real down-to-earth hardworking bunch of people," Ocean County spokeswoman Donna Flynn said Friday outside the county vehicle maintenance garage.

A Minnesota man has already claimed his third of Wednesday's jackpot. The holder of the third winning ticket, also from New Jersey, has not come forward yet.

Each ticket, if taken as a lump-sum payment, is worth $58 million after taxes.

All 16 county workers showed up to work Thursday, and some were also back on the job Friday, Flynn said.

"They're asking for their privacy now," she said.

New Jersey Lottery officials did not return calls or messages Friday on whether they had verified the ticket.

Flynn said the lottery agency was planning to hold a news conference next week.

"This is a wonderful thing to happen to Ocean County after all the difficulties we've gone through with Superstorm Sandy," she said.

Ocean County received some of the heaviest damage from Sandy last October and is still recovering from the storm, which made landfall just miles from the supermarket, in Little Egg Harbor, where the winning ticket was sold.

Flynn said she did not know if any of the winners had suffered property damage in the storm.

The other winning ticket in New Jersey was purchased at a supermarket in South Brunswick, in central New Jersey.

In Minnesota, Paul White wasted no time before revealing his good fortune to the world Thursday. He said he had "been waiting for this day my entire life."

White, 45, a project engineer and divorced father of two from Ham Lake, said his family often gave him a hard time for frequently playing the lottery, and he had a tough time convincing many of them that he had finally won.

White said he'll take the lump sum payout.

He said he would be quitting his job with a Minneapolis electrical contractor after helping finish some projects.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/08/09/16-ocean-county-nj-garage-workers-have-1-3-winning-tickets-for-448m-powerball/

I love it when everyday people who can really use the life-changing money win the lottery. I hope the garage workers will be able t divide the money easily and stay friends instead of haggling over it.

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 2:43 AM on Aug. 10, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• I love to hear stories like this. I'm so glad it was a group of people, who can all benefit from it. I just hope they get financial advisors, since I've heard of many lottery winners going broke in a short time. I just have to know one thing....when will it be MY turn?! lol :p
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 10:55 AM on Aug. 10, 2013