My doctor says I'm 1 1/2 cm and 5o% effaced...

How long did you go into real labor after you were there?

bluelady27

Asked by bluelady27 at 6:42 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I don't get checked at all, it doesn't mean anything to be dilated or not unless you are in labor. The checks only tell you how many cm you are dilated at that moment not when labor will start.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 1:21 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I've been 3cm for a week now and still no baby. Just depends on what your body wants to do. You could go into labor today, or 3 weeks from now who knows.
    pinkbutterfly

Answer by pinkbutterfly at 6:44 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I was 3cm and 50% and for weeks and I never got bigger I had a c- section before. But I think that you can stay this for a while how far along are you?
    Tris_09

Answer by Tris_09 at 6:45 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• i was 3 1/2 cm and 60% effaced for a month and a half!! unfortunately theres no way of telling how much longer you have.
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 6:46 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• before i had my baby i was 2 cm and 80 % effaceced for like 3 weeks and he still didnt come untill 5 days before his due date! lol babys come when they want to so enjoy your sleep while you can.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 7:47 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• With my last one I was 4cm and 80% for a week before she was born. This time i'm not as lucky!
    kstap_4

Answer by kstap_4 at 7:50 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I was wac 2 centermeter @ 33 weeks and didnt get to 5 @ 38weeks so its gonna be awhile sweetie!
    Anonymous

• With my first I was 3cm for 3 weeks!!!! Ugh.
    JmgBlair

Answer by JmgBlair at 11:54 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I asked my midwife to not even check me at my visits. Really, these numbers have NOTHING to do with when you're going to go into labor. Don't Get Your Hopes Up!
    doubleyouteeeff

Answer by doubleyouteeeff at 12:45 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I never dialated or efaced at all until i was actually in labor with my daughter. Good luck! hang in there :)
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 1:44 AM on Feb. 19, 2009