• In the Spotlight:

So is this in poor taste?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29263781/

What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:44 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• No more then some I saw about Bush.
    Anonymous

• Well supposedly..."The cartoon is a clear parody of a current news event, to wit the shooting of a violent chimpanzee in Connecticut. It broadly mocks Washington's efforts to revive the economy. Again, Al Sharpton reveals himself as nothing more than a publicity opportunist."
    Anonymous

• Al Shaprton is just mad because he has to get a job now. I heard walmart needs greeters.
    Anonymous

• Hey maybe he could one of those 4 million jobs...Ha ha ha ha ha heee heee heeee ho ho hoooo.
    Anonymous

• I think it fits our entire government right now. Poor monkey.
    Anonymous

• I think it's racist bs and so does a majority of the country. Well, those who arn't racist that is.
    Anonymous

• Yeah, anon@7:11...I don't think so. Just because the love affair with Obama is over and people are starting to wake up and see the "change" doesn't make them racist.

It does, however, make people who throw out the racist tag look incredibly ignorant.

There's nothing wrong with the cartoon IMO. It's no worse than what I've seen about Bush, Clinton, and other people in positions of political office.
    Anonymous

• You keep on telling yourself that.
    Anonymous

• Er....

I can see it both ways. Depending on how you interpret the cartoon, it can be taken like A) the stimulus so stupid it was written by monkeys (which is not racist) or B) Obama is a rabid chimp (which could be taken as racist)

Either way, they were taking a chance by putting this out there.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 7:55 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Monkeys in Congress is how I took it. I am sure if you are very race conscience you can spin this as racism.
    Anonymous