I feel horrible!!

I am taking 5 different classes, which is so much that if I miss a day working on them, I'm put behind and it piles up fast. I haven't even gotten to spend time with my baby in three days? :-( I feel like a shitty person for this.

LaurenKaye29

Asked by LaurenKaye29 at 6:44 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• not shitty person. shitty mom
    Anonymous

• Hey, I understand EXACTLY where you're coming from! I'm in the same boat. But the way I look at is this: when they're older and they're in all these sports and other activities, we will have a decent job that will allow us to be there with them. Thats the things they will remember. They're too young to remember these days in the long run. I know it sucks, but I know that my motivation behind it is my LO's. I'm going to school to be a teachre and I know by the time they're 5 or so I will have every day after 4 with them. Weekends, holidays, summers. So when I start to doubt myself I daydream about the day that they're in T-ball and I'm able to make it all their games and practices. Try not to be too hard on yourself.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 6:57 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• anon go be rude somewhere else, she is doing what is right and that is getting an education and making life better for her family.
    I am in school also I almost have my associates degree, and yes there are days when I have so much homework I feel like I am drowning and will NEVER be able to come up for air. But someway somehow it gets done, and I feel relived, then I spend time with my kids and we have fun.
    You are doing the right thing girl and if you need to talk you can send me a message, I will at least be an ear you can vent into.
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 7:07 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Ok please IGNORE that first persons HATEFUL answer. I am the mother of a 5 year old and a 4 month old. I honestly believe my 5 year old needs me more than my baby. I know it is hard to be away from your baby (I worked full time when my 5 year old was a baby) But now B/C my husband went to school and got his degree it has made it possible for me to stay home with our girls. Yes, there were some hard days where I had to pick up the slack so he could study etc...but I knew it was important for our family and we were a team. The bottom line is to remember why you are going to school. I would assume it is to have a better life for your family and there is NO shame in that! If it makes you feel better set aside some time (a break from studying) that is just for you and your baby. In the long run I know you won't regret getting more education and it will be a lot easier on your kids now than when they are older. Lots of luck! :)
    sjlawrence356

Answer by sjlawrence356 at 7:32 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• anon. stfu!
    Anonymous

• Sad, sad, someone who's starving for attention.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 8:19 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• That's so hard, but kuddos for you for being in school! It'll be benificial for your family in the long run if you stick with it!
    Could you try just doing something with your little one? Even if it's not a lot, get up with him/her in the morning and have breakfast together/give bottle whatever. Or in the afternoon go for a walk. Or in the evening, give bath and read a bedtime story. At least this way you get a little time that is just for the two of you.
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 8:23 PM on Feb. 18, 2009