Does a freshly swept and mopped floor give you any emotion?

I just swept and mopped and I feel very happy looking at that shiny floor. I know it will be dirtied up soon enough, but it's nice while it lasts.

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 11:43 AM on Aug. 10, 2013 in Home & Garden

• It fills me with a sense of "why did I bother?" because I KNOW it will be dirty in seconds.
    ChasingBridges

Answer by ChasingBridges at 11:44 AM on Aug. 10, 2013

• It gives me a sense of brief satsifaction, followed by mild irritation because I just gave my 14 mo DD spaghetti. (She refuses to let me feed her.)
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 11:48 AM on Aug. 10, 2013

• "There, that's done for six months." **grin**

Answer by gdiamante at 12:00 PM on Aug. 10, 2013

• All is well with the world.....that's how I feel. Ahhhhh................:)
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:05 PM on Aug. 10, 2013

• Satisfaction. And my back always feels worse, so it brings me satisfaction and more pain. I don't have any carpeting, the whole house is hard wood flooring upstairs so it's a real pain in the ass to do but I do it often because it looks good.
    Nos4

Answer by Nos4 at 12:10 PM on Aug. 10, 2013

• One chore down an mollion to go.

Answer by louise2 at 12:41 PM on Aug. 10, 2013

• I feel a little more at peace. I hate going to my kids rooms when they are messy, it makes me feel anxious and distracted.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:41 PM on Aug. 10, 2013

• frustration...cause it doesnt last 5 mins before something messes it up.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:56 PM on Aug. 10, 2013

• Yes! Satisfaction and complete frustration when there is a sippy cup of juice that got a little sloshed and no one realized it. At my house, with all the kids, someone is always eating or drinking. My living room floor stays cleaner than my kitchen/dining. I have a swiffer mop and a sponge mop (and a regular mop) and I'd use my swiffer every day if I had time. But, I'm weird like that. I was the same way with my vacuum and carpet steamer when I had carpet. I love the smell of clean!
    HHx5

Answer by HHx5 at 1:04 PM on Aug. 10, 2013

• Utter futility, because I know that between the kids and the dog, by tomorrow the floor will look like I never touched it.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:47 PM on Aug. 10, 2013