Coffee Press VS Keurig

1.99 at good will for coffee press

230 dollar Keurig machine (I won from a contest)

I put the amount of coffee you put into a keurig reusable filter into the coffee press

The coffee was BLACK and ROBUST and tasted like coffee in the press

In the Keurig it was pale, tasteless and didn't do much.

Anyone else surprised? Plus the coffee press was easier to use and easier to clean and uses no electricity, has no flashing lights or confusing menus.

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 11:46 AM on Aug. 10, 2013 in Shopping

• I LOVE my french press. I really wanted a keurig...until I used my mom's a few times. The coffee was awful and EXPENSIVE! I paid $30 for my press, but it has lasted for two years with daily use so far. My mom and sister had to replace their keurigs within 6 months and just kept having problems with them. They both eventually switched back to their old pots.

Me ♥ french press!!!!!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:55 PM on Aug. 10, 2013

• The keurig is also NOT BPA-free. And it boils water. So.... not good.
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 2:57 PM on Aug. 10, 2013

• I'm not surprised at all. I use a no-tech cold brew toddy for my coffee. I haven't owned an electric coffee maker in many years, and I am super picky about the quality of my coffee. The no-tech makes the best coffee every time.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:40 PM on Aug. 10, 2013

• I have a Keurig. It's convenient, but I wouldn't buy another one. The machines are fine for a while, and then they just quit working. We've had three or four replacements from the company, which is always more than willing to send another, but it shouldn't have to be that way.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:41 PM on Aug. 10, 2013

• I didn't love my keurig and sold it. I love the French press my mom gave me.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 5:19 PM on Aug. 10, 2013

• love my keurig
    LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 10:16 PM on Aug. 11, 2013