my grandbabies mother moved in with a guy that has two girls shes one girl and they have one on the way is that legal for them to live in a one room house not one bedroom but one room

it is a storage room converted to a one-room house with a tiny kitchen and a tiny bathroom

wendywoo696

Asked by wendywoo696 at 12:43 PM on Aug. 10, 2013 in Parenting Debate

• Different states have different laws.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:47 PM on Aug. 10, 2013

• Why not let them live with you?
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:38 PM on Aug. 10, 2013

• It's probably not illegal unless the rent is being subsidized by the county. There are laws governing the conditions that tax dollars will pay for, but other than that, it's usually up to the tenant and the landlord to figure out those decisions.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:28 PM on Aug. 10, 2013

• It depends on where they live.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 4:03 PM on Aug. 10, 2013

• That is true, you could ask them all come come and live with you.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 4:04 PM on Aug. 10, 2013

• Hm, a one room car or house? They sound like they are doing the best they can??? Maybe you can let them live with you? If not at least you know they have a place.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 2:14 PM on Aug. 11, 2013

• It depends on if it is a hazard to anyone's health, especially the children. If so I would do the best thing for my grandbabies and take them to live with me... even if it means getting custody until my daughter get on her feet.
    momofGenesis

Answer by momofGenesis at 6:12 PM on Aug. 12, 2013

• idk, but it sound like they are trying to get their self on their feet! Maybe help them get their names on some apartment that go according to income!
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 9:30 PM on Aug. 12, 2013

• Not unless they get government assistance
    Trini

Answer by Trini at 1:10 PM on Aug. 17, 2013