Anyone else having or have had twins?

I am 30 weeks pregnant today with identical twin boys. I last went to the Dr when i was 28 weeks and my cervix has thinned out and ive dilated 1cm . They said i was 1 of the best twin pregnancies they have seen. Even though my blood pressure has been a little bit high these last few times. I am worried/scared about the delivery part. I have had 2 kids but this is my 1st twin pregnancy. Can anybody give me some high hopes on delivery of twins? or if you are pregnant with twins yourself you can share what you are feeling about it as well :)

CandyMama231

Asked by CandyMama231 at 12:57 PM on Aug. 10, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Hi, congratulations! I'm glad you're having such a good pregnancy. My twin boys (identical) turned 5 years old last month. I found out about the twin pregnancy at 14 weeks. Shocker! They were monochorionic twins (shared a placenta) so we were monitored pretty closely for chronic TTTS (twin to twin transfusion syndrome) but showed no signs. There was some "attention" to the fact that they were big, and the bigger twin was in the 90th percentile ("twins don't grow big," they would say) but since he clearly was NOT growing at the other's expense, and none of the other signs of TTTS were present, it never became a concern.
    I ate LOTS of protein, tried to drink a gallon of water a day, and lots of leafy greens. I had an aversion to most grains, dairy, and sweets. In the 3rd trimester I started to eat ice cream right before bed (and I'd feel sick in the morning when I didn't) but that was it! So funny.
    The birth...twin B was bigger
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 11:26 PM on Aug. 10, 2013

• than twin A and that was a little concerning in regard to birth (they like the bigger baby born first so they know twin B will "fit" since the bigger baby is already out!) but I also had a "proven pelvis" since this was my second pregnancy, and the specialists were pleased to hear that my first was a big baby, born vaginally.
    Twin B also was breech, and there wasn't a lot of hope of him turning before the birth since it was pretty crowded & they were settled into position. None of the perinatologists we saw were recommending a c-section just because of that. They pretty routinely plan a breech extraction for the second baby, though I was thinking he'd turn.
    My labor was very efficient, steady & relatively quick. I did the Hypnobabies home course & found it helpful. I only felt pain with contractions if/when I was tense. Otherwise, I just felt muscular activity. They were born 30 minutes apart. Twin B turned vertex after his
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 11:37 PM on Aug. 10, 2013

• brother was born & he had room to turn around, so I got back upright & birthed him myself (no need to try an internal version or a breech extraction.) It was just what I was hoping for. Twin A weighed 7 lbs and Twin B weighed 8 lbs.

They were born at 39 weeks 2 days.

Everybody made a big deal of the birth (as if it was some huge thing), but I thought the real challenge was carrying them both during the pregnancy, particularly at the end. They were so heavy, and so far out front of me, plus the weight of the amniotic fluid, and the placenta. I really slowed down at the very end.

Even though they are twins, you birth them one at a time. The birth was not (in itself) quite the challenge that just BEING pregnant with two was, if you can see what I mean.

Are you scared about complications, or more feeling intimidated at the thought of giving birth twice in the same span of time? (Either concern makes sense!) Congrats on 30 wks!
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 11:47 PM on Aug. 10, 2013

• I'm 8 weeks and a few days with my twins. :)I'm scared and nervous, but so far other than some dehydration that is mostly gone, I'm really healthy and was told that my constant throwing up and nausea should just remind me that they are there and my hormones are high. She gave me nausea pills that I avoid taking unless I can't keep any food down, and my breasts are super large and tender, and feel softy/squishier than they did pre-pregnancy. Thankfully, I haven't even had spotty or light bleeding which makes me very happy, but I get a couple occasional cramps that seem more gassy than anything bad. I went to my first u/s at planned parenthood and they detected one baby, but at my first official job appointment, she inserted the wand and instantly saw two with two distinct heart beats. One on each side of the ultrasound screen. I go back tThursday!
    ElsaH

Answer by ElsaH at 11:42 PM on Aug. 25, 2013

• And if it makes you feel better, when my sister went into labor with her twins, she was in labor for like. 16 hours but only in delivery for maybe one. However, the girls were only four pounds and had to stay in the hospital for two and three weeks even though she was released after two or three days. They are now three and very intelligent and amazing.
    ElsaH

Answer by ElsaH at 11:44 PM on Aug. 25, 2013

• Well I am 33 weeks now. I am typing from the hospital. I have been admitted cause of preclamsia and I was having contractions and dilated to 5cm. A week ago they gave me magnesia to stop my labor and gave me another round of steroids . But babies are healthy. But if they were born now they would be alittle small. Anyways, all im doing now is playing a waiting game. :)
    CandyMama231

Comment by CandyMama231 (original poster) at 7:30 PM on Sep. 3, 2013

• mis primeros eran gemelos
    Alazne

Answer by Alazne at 5:45 PM on Feb. 21, 2014

• no
    escuchar

Answer by escuchar at 7:32 PM on Mar. 14, 2014