Splinters from a broken tent pole.

I was moving my daughter's Tootle Turtle tent to vacuum, and one of the tent poles shattered. My right hand has several small cuts and a lot of splinters from the tent pole. The pole is Fiberglass or carbon fiber, not sure which, but the splinters are very tiny and sharp. Can they be drawn out with duct tape like wood splinters? What else can I try? Will they be dangerous if they don't all come out? I know wood splinters will eventually break down, but I'm guessing Fiberglass or carbon ones won't.

On another note, Is there anywhere I can get a new tent pole without having to buy the whole tent? It seems a shame to lose the entire tent over one broken pole.

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 1:47 PM on Aug. 10, 2013 in Home & Garden

• I'd call & make a complaint & also request a new pole.
    Here's the # I got for the Melissa & Doug Company:

From the US and Canada toll-free M-Th 7am - 6pm Eastern or on Friday 7am-5pm Eastern: (800) 718-5365

Maybe someone can help you get out the splinters? That stinks!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:59 PM on Aug. 10, 2013

• Not sure about the splinters but I agree with Paulie. If a tent pole shatters as you describe, on a child's toy, it should be reported
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 2:00 PM on Aug. 10, 2013

• You can use duct tape to get the small splinters out. I would also soak your hand in Epsom salt and warm water afterwards. I agree with the other ladies about contacting the company and making a complaint.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 2:02 PM on Aug. 10, 2013