Bio mom..

i have a step son, my husband was a single dad for the first three years of his life mom left when he was 3 months, well recently he's starting to ask questions he's 6 now.. well i have a son, and my son has a baby book so he's wondering why i didn't make one for him.. or if i didn't have him who did.. so i'm wondering how do i introduce someone that doesn't want to be in his life?

mampanda0422

Asked by mampanda0422 at 2:02 PM on Aug. 10, 2013 in General Parenting

• Why would you introduce them? Work with him to make a book that's all his own and leave the birth mother out of it if she hasn't had contact with him. That would be my suggestion.

If you mean just introducing the idea of the birth mom, I think I'd position it in a way that is not negative. Maybe that she loved him so much she let him live with the person who could take care of him the best.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 2:06 PM on Aug. 10, 2013

• You call him your stepson. Does he knowyou aren't his birth mother? Where does he think he came from?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:31 PM on Aug. 10, 2013

• You don't let his dad do it.

Answer by louise2 at 3:15 PM on Aug. 10, 2013

• Why don't all of you work on a baby book for him, as a family?
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 3:30 PM on Aug. 10, 2013

• i call him by his name.. the reason he doesn't have a baby book is because theirs not that many pictures of him as a baby.. he knows i'm not his birthmom because he put two and two together.. he looks nothing like me.. my oldest looks just like me.. when he was in kindergarten i went to help and one of the kids was like "she's your mom?" he was like "Yeah" and the kid was like "how your black and she's white" (i'm actually brown) lol... but yeah..

i mean like he wants to know what she looks like.. so introduce as in a picture.. since we have no clue where she is..
    mampanda0422

Comment by mampanda0422 (original poster) at 4:45 PM on Aug. 10, 2013

• Do you have a picture of his birth mom? If so then show him it(he will probably want to keep it) and tell him that she loved him so much that she let daddy and you love and take care of him.

If you don't have a picture I would say the same thing and just explain that you don' t have a picture. If he asks where she is then tell him the truth, you don't know.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 5:10 PM on Aug. 10, 2013

• i'm in the process of hunting down a pictures.. thanks..
    mampanda0422

Comment by mampanda0422 (original poster) at 5:21 PM on Aug. 10, 2013