Where can I have my son tested for Autism with Medicaid?

Is there a program in Cos, co?

Vicky1113

Asked by Vicky1113 at 4:15 PM on Aug. 10, 2013 in Special Needs

• What does your pediatrician recommend? He/She should be able to offer an initial screening and give you a recommendation. I know in PA, the local County Intermediate Unit evaluated my son free of cost and this was before he even had medicaid.

In some areas, this is called Child Find.

You could call the local Autism Society.

You can also call Easter Seals and they should be able to help.
    ChasingBridges

Answer by ChasingBridges at 4:19 PM on Aug. 10, 2013

• Medicaid should cover for your child to see a psychologist without a referral. Call around and find one or call the 'Mental Health' number on your medicaid card to find a recommendation. I find it easier to call around and find doctors myself vs. waiting for medicaid to look them up.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:14 PM on Aug. 10, 2013

• In the city where you live, you might contact the Colorado School for the Deaf and Blind, which is local. It's probably not the exact place you are looking for, but since many of the students there have other disabilities besides vision and hearing impairments, including autism, someone at the school may be familiar with available resources.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:32 PM on Aug. 10, 2013

• How old?
    Social services does them from birth to 3,and the school system does it 4 on up

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:29 PM on Aug. 10, 2013

• A developmental pediatrician or a neurologist. It can be done through the school district as well.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:47 AM on Aug. 11, 2013

• Your public school system. Local Children's Hospital. His doctor can refer you to a specialist. A private counselor.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:42 PM on Sep. 13, 2013