Something to do

I am looking for something new to do. I can't crochet (I have tried) and I have been doing plastic canvas for several years and looking for something new to try. I live payday to payday so it has to be something that is not that expensive to do,

CharityTipton

Asked by CharityTipton at 4:50 PM on Aug. 10, 2013 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Knitting. You tube has tons of videos you can watch. You can buy inexpensive yarn and make a scarf.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 4:56 PM on Aug. 10, 2013

• Gardening? I love putting plants together and decorating outside.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:56 PM on Aug. 10, 2013

• I can't keep plants alive. I tried. I will look at knitting but would like more ideas. Thanks.
    CharityTipton

Comment by CharityTipton (original poster) at 4:58 PM on Aug. 10, 2013

• Quilting? I made a nine-patch quilt once that was pretty simple. I bought fabric on clearance at Wal-Mart and supplemented it with a dark blue sheet that I cut up.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:07 PM on Aug. 10, 2013

• knitting or embroidery
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 6:30 PM on Aug. 10, 2013

• Now I do embroider. Maybe I will do that and plastic canvas. Thanks everyone.
    CharityTipton

Comment by CharityTipton (original poster) at 7:24 PM on Aug. 10, 2013

• Drawing, painting, scrapbooking, Photoshop, ceramics, toll painting, sewing, knitting, tatting, decopauge, paint Christmas ornaments, make wreaths to sell,
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 5:33 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• I really enjoy a website called swap-bot.com. You make a profile and then join swaps. A swap can be something as simple as a recipe swap or a letter and be more involved like a craft. Each swap is unique and has guidelines like what to make and how many partners you'll have. You send something to a partner and you'll receive something as well. You can even create your own swap if you'd like.I love this site. It's fun to have little surprises in your mailbox instead of just bills! You should check it out.
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 10:44 PM on Aug. 19, 2013