If I store my baby's clothes in direct sunlight will they get sun-faded?

My baby's room has built in shelves in the windows, for plants, if I put her clothes in there will they get discolored from the sun?

My cat had decided her dresser was a bathroom. So I have nowhere to store her clothes right now.

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 6:05 PM on Aug. 10, 2013 in Home & Garden

• You can put up curtains or make a curtain for the shelves. In the temporary, you can cover the clothes with a light blanket.

You don't have to worry much about light colored clothes fading as fast as dark ones.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 6:22 PM on Aug. 10, 2013

• I am thinking the answer is yes and my genius idea is a horrible one
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 6:08 PM on Aug. 10, 2013

• Over time, they would. I don't know that it would happen if you're just doing it temporarily until you can clean the dresser or get another one, but if it's permanent, I'd say eventually they'll start to fade.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 6:08 PM on Aug. 10, 2013

• If you can get some dark fabric, though, and make it into kind of a curtain over the shelves, that should help quite a bit.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 6:09 PM on Aug. 10, 2013

• I am thinking of hanging something over the window. I literally have nowhere to put her clothes, I am racking my brain and that was all I could come up with.
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 6:14 PM on Aug. 10, 2013

• Yes they will
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 6:19 PM on Aug. 10, 2013

• Yeah I thought about leaving a blanket over them too. I just got frustrated and put them back in the laundry basket. I guess a laundry basket will have to work for now. It was a stupid idea once I realized the sun would be shining on them.
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 6:24 PM on Aug. 10, 2013