Whats your opinion on selling drop side cribs?

When we heard of how unsafe they are we took our crib to the local dump. I didn't want any baby to get hurt or worse be killed by it. One of my friends posted her drop side crib on craigslist for sale recently. I warned her of how unsafe they are but she still has it posted. She told me of how many drop side cribs are posted on craigslist.

I couldn't do that. If I heard a baby was killed by a crib I sold I would feel guilty & responsible but like I've seen so many others don't care. They just want to get some money for there crib. I understand they are expensive but is it worth it to put a baby at risk. I don't think it is.

What would you do with your drop side crib?
How do you feel about people selling them?

usmcwifey222

Asked by usmcwifey222 at 12:51 AM on Aug. 11, 2013 in General Parenting

• All you have to do is screw the drop side into the rail so it does not drop anymore.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:57 AM on Aug. 11, 2013

• BOTH of my kids slept in drop side cribs. They're both still alive and perfectly healthy. I really wouldn't have a problem buying another one. I have a short torso, so it was either drop the side or drop my baby onto the mattress and wake them up and scare them.

I saw nothing wrong with them, when they were assembled and used properly. The problems came because they weren't being assembled and/or used properly.

Common sense just isn't so common anymore.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 2:37 AM on Aug. 11, 2013

• Are you talking about the kind of crib where the mattress can be raised up with a foot pedal and held on the setting you want with the knob and screw?? I had one like that for my daughter, but I just always kept the mattress on the lowest setting so there was no way it could possibly fall.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:39 AM on Aug. 11, 2013

• We used a drop side crib. Honestly it is not just up to the seller, it is also up to the buyer to know what they are getting. And in this day of pinterest, there are dozens of things you can now do with a crib other than put a baby in it.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 3:54 AM on Aug. 11, 2013