How to get rid of roaches

We have moved into an old house in South Carolina. Even tho' we have had the house sprayed and I keep all food in sealed containers, I am still seeing roaches. We have been told they are "waterbugs" but they look like roaches to me. I know they are disease carriers, so How can I get rid of them if the pros can't?

CCPMinSC

Asked by CCPMinSC at 2:18 AM on Aug. 11, 2013 in Health

• Set a few bug bombs off in the house. It's a bit of a pain because you have to leave the house for a few hours, but that should help.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 4:37 AM on Aug. 11, 2013

• Bug bombs and washing and spraying everything also there is a powder u can get that you can line your house with. That should keep bugs from getting out
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 7:15 AM on Aug. 11, 2013

• most water bugs are actually a type of roach.

I have not yet had roaches, but I have had an issue with ants. I like Terro Brand products. Maybe this would help you.

http://www.terro.com/products/home-insect-killer

ChasingBridges

Answer by ChasingBridges at 7:54 AM on Aug. 11, 2013

• ugh- roaches SUCK and they are really hard to get rid of...you will probably have to bomb then in a couple weeks -bomb again...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:41 AM on Aug. 11, 2013

• those "water bugs" are a type of roach and very common in the south. You need to clear all the pine straw from around your house, pour out any standing water and spray the exterior of your house and your yard. Sevin dust works great. Sprinkle it all over the yard and especially right next to the house. It should help and it's cheaper than calling an exterminator.
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:27 AM on Aug. 11, 2013

• Is this it?

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:54 AM on Aug. 11, 2013

• Here is a page that may help. 

http://www.ehow.com/how_7828163_rid-black-roaches.html

We have always used bait traps and they seem to work really well. 

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:57 AM on Aug. 11, 2013

• YES ... that is what it is ... and THANK YOU to all who responded. Have been using the bait traps but will continue to do that and I am going to try ALL the suggestions! Cannot abide bugs in any way, shape, or form!
    CCPMinSC

Comment by CCPMinSC (original poster) at 9:30 AM on Aug. 14, 2013