Men have no self respect or standards adult content

this is a vent mostly. my ex asked me today if i wanted to have sex. seriously? we split up 2 years ago and are still in the process of divorce. we've both said and done horrible things to eachother both before the split and after, things that you can't come back from, things that should make you loathe the other person and make the idea of sex with them repugnant. apparently because i've lost a little weight none of that other stuff matters and im suddenly a good candidate for sex. funny how i am now but when we were married i had to practically beg him for sex.

i really hate the double standard here. if i went up to an ex and asked for casual sex i'd be called a whore, but it's OK for a guy to do it. why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:37 AM on Aug. 11, 2013 in Relationships

• guys will be guys
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 8:45 AM on Aug. 11, 2013

• Sorry but there is no double standard for me. People who are desperate for sex to the point of begging for it from an ex, whether male or female, are pathetic. End of story.

Give him a withering look then laugh and say something along the lines of "I'm sorry, for a moment there I thought you were asking me for sex" then laugh uproariously. That should sufficiently squash him for him not to try again.
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 8:48 AM on Aug. 11, 2013

• he is now asking for dirty pictures or videos since i turned him down. WOW!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:28 AM on Aug. 11, 2013

• that's just sad...and disgusting to me

my answer would be NO to all of the above!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:37 AM on Aug. 11, 2013

• he's such an asshole. he's actually getting snippy with me because i said no. wtf is his problem? he must think he still "owns" me or something because we're not officially divorced yet.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:47 AM on Aug. 11, 2013

• Shake your head in a pitying manner and say not interested in the least.

Answer by Bmat at 9:48 AM on Aug. 11, 2013

• I would stop communication with him unless it is about the divorce or any children you share together.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:59 AM on Aug. 11, 2013

• His "southern" brain region is doing all his thinking for him at the moment. If it's of any consolation to you, this probably means, A- he noticed you lost weight & is sorry for letting you slip away, B- he isn't dating anyone else at the moment or C- he's just reminding you of the reason you are divorcing the pig!

^^^^I also agree with virginiamama: direct all communication to those 2 topics only, at least until he can behave himself.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 10:24 AM on Aug. 11, 2013

• not all guys are like that, just looks like you "picked a winner". I'd ignore him.
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:31 AM on Aug. 11, 2013

• Tell him he is a sad strange little man.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 10:55 AM on Aug. 11, 2013