Ugh, I hate being lied to...

I have 3 older sisters, and we don't talk much, if at all. There was a party a couple weeks ago that I was invited to by one of them, and I didn't feel right about going.

I had asked her if one of my other sisters was going to be there, and she said, no, she has to work... We don't get along, so I didn't want to deal with any confrontation. Especially around my kids. So we didn't go.

So what do I see on another family members FB page? A video of the party, and there she is...I don't care that she was there, I care that my other sister felt the need to lie, and then I could have been put in a bad situation because of it... Thank god for my psychic abilities, because of my gut feeling... Ugh, I hate that we all can't get along, but I also hate being lied to..
I'm not going to say anything to any of my family members, it's not worth it. I just really needed to vent.
So here's a question. Do you hate liars? I know I do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Aug. 11, 2013 in Relationships

• I know how you feel. I don't like to deal with my parents or siblings, and there have been times I was assured they wouldn't show up at an event, and then I went and they were there. The latest was a wedding earlir in the summer. But it turned out nobody lied to me; they were just pressured into showing up by other family members. Maybe something like that was the case.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:08 PM on Aug. 11, 2013

• You're assuming a lie when there may have been none. You didn't want to go anyway, so what's the big deal?

Answer by gdiamante at 12:03 PM on Aug. 11, 2013

• I hate lies, but maybe the other sisters were trying to get you two together, sisters are blood and there should be every effort to reconcile....

Answer by older at 11:34 AM on Aug. 11, 2013

• I agree with so many other that have posted. There have been times when I said I couldn't go to something, but wound up free and able to go. Your assumptions of lies and deceit are only prolonging the issue with you and your sister. You say you dislike that you can't get along, yet you play a huge part of that with this kind of attitude.
    ChasingBridges

Answer by ChasingBridges at 12:14 PM on Aug. 11, 2013

• Maybe she her work schedule was changed.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 11:44 AM on Aug. 11, 2013

• There could be any number of reasons your other sister showed up. The only way to know is by asking the sister who invited you. You don't know that you were necessarily lied to about this. But in general, yes, I feel most of us probably hate to be lied to. It's not a pleasant experience, so say the least.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 11:49 AM on Aug. 11, 2013

• Have you asked if she lied? Maybe the sister said no she wouldn't be there because she was busy etc. and was able to get out of it or something?
    I hate that crap too though, my brother lies and then tells on himself within 24hours, so I don't know why he even bothers. It makes him an untrustworthy flake.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 11:31 AM on Aug. 11, 2013

• It was more of vent really... I had a bad feeling about the whole thing, and that's the reason I didn't go. I don't want to reconcile with the Sister that was there. She's not someone I want in my life, or around our children. She may be blood, but that doesn't mean I have to expose her to our children. The things she's done to me, and my family are unspeakable, and if my other Sisters are okay with letting it go, that's up to them, but I felt they should have at least been honest with me.
    I guess it just confirms that I should continue to go with my gut feeling, because it's never steered me wrong.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:59 PM on Aug. 11, 2013