Do you have to schedule sex?

Seriously. How do you find time when you aren't wiped out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:49 PM on Aug. 11, 2013 in Relationships

• No, but it could make sense to do so at certain phases in your life. Such as with young kids.

You wrote: Seriously. How do you find time when you aren't wiped out?

That's one reason that you might consider "scheduling," building it into your conscious planning. If you notice that waiting for the time to "be right" & for it to happen spontaneously leads to it pretty much never happening, then scheduling could be a solution.
    For a long time when our kids were new/small, we WERE wiped out and DIDN'T have sex! We took advantage of any "down time" to sleep, or just to decompress & NOT be needed/wanted by someone. It was organic. Along with more opportunities, as parenting has become less overwhelming or all-consuming, has come desire & initiative.
    The logistics still can be tricky, it can be hit or miss, but we don't need to schedule because desire/initiative makes sure that it's happening. Even with some misses.
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 10:21 AM on Aug. 12, 2013

• He's gone a month at a time with his job, no need to schedule it. I know when he comes home, it will be everyday, sometimes more than once a day for about 2 weeks... I guess that's one of the up sides of him being gone, it never gets old, and I'm never too wore out for it...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 3:53 PM on Aug. 11, 2013

• Some people do. Unfortunately these days with work and kids and stuff, you have to!
    I actually recommend this to a lot of couples.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 6:38 PM on Aug. 11, 2013

• LOL, No....it's never been a priority in my life. Ugh. I'm happy without.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:09 PM on Aug. 11, 2013

• It often seems that way. We have such mismatched drives that I end up thinking, "Well, it's been so many days. I better get myself in the mood."
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:09 PM on Aug. 11, 2013

• We pretty much DO have a schedule. It's not written down or anything, but we know when it's pretty routine. Kinda nice. I know what days I have to shave and what days I can just say "F*@# that!"
    ChasingBridges

Answer by ChasingBridges at 5:11 PM on Aug. 11, 2013

• Pretty much... I mean DH is only off a few nights a week and we try to plan to have sex at least one of them.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:12 PM on Aug. 11, 2013

• Who schedules sex?? SERIOUSLY!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 4:42 PM on Aug. 11, 2013

• sigh
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 5:01 PM on Aug. 11, 2013

• Well... I got to school full time, work, and have 2 kids under 6. When things get too hectic around here, we schedule "us time", which usually turns into sex. lol. When things are less crazy, we don't have to worry about it.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 5:23 PM on Aug. 11, 2013