Encouraging a first time mommy!

Her due date is tomorrow, she is excited to meet her little guy but she is convinced that he won't fit. She seems to think that he is at least 10 lbs....I am trying to be encouraging! What would you say?

MamaRoberts

Asked by MamaRoberts at 3:50 PM on Aug. 11, 2013 in Pregnancy

• My last one was 9lb1oz, and he fit fine. Your pelvis will expand, and if there's any doubt the Dr should know by now....If not they will when delivery time comes.... Just tell her, women have been having babies since the beginning of time, she'll be fine.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 3:58 PM on Aug. 11, 2013

• I would tell her to stop freaking out. Wait and see.

Answer by louise2 at 3:59 PM on Aug. 11, 2013

• Just tell her to try and clear her mind of any preconceived expectations, and see what happens. For me, the long part of labor where you have contractions and your body opens up wasn't nearly as horrible as I had imagined it to be. My baby did get stuck and I had to have a C-section, which I also wasn't expecting. Tell her that in the end, what matters is that she will have a healthy, beautiful baby boy.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:07 PM on Aug. 11, 2013

• Did she go thru childbirth classes? Does she trust her Dr.? Then that's all that matters. Nothing can ever fully prepare you for every scenario, & being nervous or anxious is normal. As long as that baby boy is healthy & once she gets to see his sweet face, hold him & hear his little cry for the 1st time, all her fears about childbirth will melt away. Only to be replaced w/ a ton of new ones that come from being a 1st time mom! :p

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:21 PM on Aug. 11, 2013

• Lots of women push out 10 pounders with no problem. She'll be fine.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:53 PM on Aug. 11, 2013

• Thank you! I know she candi this, I just wish she knew!!
    MamaRoberts

Comment by MamaRoberts (original poster) at 7:57 PM on Aug. 11, 2013

• How big bebe
    Alazne

Answer by Alazne at 5:47 PM on Feb. 21, 2014

• She ended up having a c-section...her doctor would not even let her go into labor at all. No emergency no nothing...I felt bad for her but she just wanted to be done and he ended up being four days late and 9lbs 7oz and 22 inches long. She never even got a chance to get dilated...I think she has a horrible doctor....she of course believes it was the right thing to do...
    MamaRoberts

Comment by MamaRoberts (original poster) at 8:58 PM on Feb. 21, 2014

• just be there
    escuchar

Answer by escuchar at 7:30 PM on Mar. 14, 2014