Why are teenagers the way they are these days?

I look at this generation and think.. what a waste. They dress awful, look awful and have no manners. Do you think it's the way they are raised, society or what?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:59 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have a teenager and 23 year old and they were raised with manners and used them and still do. Its a lot of peer pressure too and thats mostly what I see. Sure there are a lot of parents who have an I don't give a crap attitude, but, most parents do care. Teens go thru pressure like crazy, and its just something that phases out in time.Its just all kinds of stuff. Some kids have great parents and they can be butts, or some can have awful parents and be the best there is, so who knows what it is.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 7:05 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I don't know what you're talking about....My teenagers are wonderful : )
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 7:02 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I also know lots of wonderful teenagers. I feel bad that you don't seem to know any.
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 7:05 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Some are like that because their parents let them be like that.
    Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 7:06 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Yes many are the way they are because of how they are raised. Parents don't discipline anymore. They let their kids run all over them and thrown tantrums from the time they are 2 to 20. Also fathers aren't around and they have a huge part in shaping them.
    Also they are being raised by peers and television.
    Happy2bme7 thats great that yours are wonderful. I know many teens are. But my hubby works with highschools and I can tell you OP is right.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 7:06 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Our parents probably thought the same thing. My teens are not perfect by no means yet they are loving, well mannered, and pretty well rounded. Being a teenager is about finding yourself- it has always been that way and will continue to be until the end of time.
    candygirl1030

Answer by candygirl1030 at 7:06 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Not all teenagers are bad. I think that statement is a little stereotypical. You must have young children because when it comes to dress and teenagers - you pick and choose your battles. Just because you don't like their clothes doesn't make them bad kids.
    Anonymous

• I know what you mean.. they're sluggish, stupid, lazy, rude, and whats with the boys and all their hair covering their faces? And the girls acting like they're 30? AGH, drives me nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sure there are good teenagers out there.. but I haven't seen/met any yet lol.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 7:08 PM on Feb. 18, 2009