Something else related to my restaurant experience

The one woman in the annoying personal space group acted like such a bitch to the cashier. She walked up to where you pay,pulled out a $20 from her wallet,and shoved it like 6 inches away from the cashier's face. The poor girl was like how many? Do you want sodas? All the while she has this 20 in her face. She starts bitching,"you mean sodas aren't included? How much are they? I'm not paying $2 for a soda. Give me water,or are you going to charge me for THAT too?!"
The cashier kept smiling,bless her heart.

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 4:13 PM on Aug. 11, 2013 in Just for Fun

• I hate when people are rude to the wait-staff. Like they think they're beneath them or something. I could never be in a customer service position any more. I'd have a hard time controlling myself w/ people like that.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:17 PM on Aug. 11, 2013

• Oh lawd, I HATE people....
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:20 PM on Aug. 11, 2013

• The cashier had good self-control, thankfully. A good friend of mine lost her job a few years ago and almost got charged with assault because a woman did something very similar, and my friend reached out and moved the woman's hand with the money away from her face. Not roughly, just sort of pushed the offending hand back out of her personal space. She said she didn't even think, it was just a reflex action.

I can't stand it when anybody thinks another person is to be looked down on for doing an honest job. I always try to ask for the name of my server and use it, and be pleasant--the wait staff shouldn't have to pay the price if I'm having a bad day.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:23 PM on Aug. 11, 2013

• Now THAT would bother me.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:17 PM on Aug. 11, 2013

• In this situation since she was so close I would have commented on how rude people are to the rest of my table.

I don't normally say anything to total strangers, but I can't stand how rude some people are to wait staff.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 4:22 PM on Aug. 11, 2013

• I worked at McDonalds and people talked down to you threw food on you and treated you like crap all the meanwhile you had to smile and take it. This is your bread and butter and they know all they have to do is complain and you will be written up or even fired. We had a couple that went out of their way to treat us like crap, returning food saying the cashier treated them bad or they did not get all of their food. Got four people written up and two people fired. They would high five in the front of management knowing they did serious damage to someone. not the best job and not the worse job. lol
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:59 PM on Aug. 11, 2013