Luck?

Yesterday my dd won Jumbo Smurfette at legoland. She was looking for quite awhile how other people playing, then her dad bought her a game, while he was giving her advice how to throw, she simply threw the ball and won from the first throw. The rest of 6 throws were in wain. I am happy for my daughter, but generally, how lucky was she. What is the likelihood to win the game anyway- there were about 100 glasses, about 5 of them win the prize, and only one - Jumbo. She had 7 tries... Any one can help me to calculate the likelihood to win?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:33 PM on Aug. 11, 2013 in Just for Fun

• I don't know how to calculate all of this so we will just use her first throw. She had a 5% chance of winning something with one throw and a 1% chance of winning the Jumbo prize with her first throw. 

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:53 PM on Aug. 11, 2013

• Thanks!!!if it is so -she is so lucky!!!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:03 PM on Aug. 11, 2013

• Math was never my strong suit. I say take her to a store to help you pick a winning lottery ticket while she's on a roll! :p
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:06 PM on Aug. 11, 2013

• Sounds like luck to me!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 8:22 PM on Aug. 11, 2013