Are you going to watch the Perseids meteor shower tonight?

my kids are really excited about it, but the best time to see it is from midnight-5am. not sure if they'll make it til midnight :) i really want to try and take some good pics on my DSLR, but it sounds very challenging so we'll see!

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 8:53 PM on Aug. 11, 2013 in Just for Fun

• Wish i could,but we have a storm system sitting over us. The sky is nothing but thick clouds

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:55 PM on Aug. 11, 2013

• aww poop! well it's suppose to last until the 13th i think so you might be able to catch it tomorrow night
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 8:59 PM on Aug. 11, 2013

• I'll be at work, so maybe I'll sneak out and try to take a peak.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 9:13 PM on Aug. 11, 2013

• Share pics if you get any, please. My stepson would love to see some.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:51 PM on Aug. 11, 2013

• After learning that watching it includes staying up late, sudden DS is desperate to see it :p
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:58 PM on Aug. 11, 2013

• We went to a star watching party last night and saw a few at around 11 pm. We honestly didn't think we were going to get to see any because of the time, so it was quite a bonus along with the presentation and getting to see Saturn through the telescope.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:26 PM on Aug. 11, 2013

• This was the only picture that I got since they asked us not to use our cameras around the telescopes since it causes light pollution. Jeremy was studying his star and planet book before and during the presentation. He looked up things as the presenter was talking about it.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:30 PM on Aug. 11, 2013

• Google weather lied, nothing but clouds outside
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:50 AM on Aug. 12, 2013

• i stayed up til 1 and saw nothing. tonight im going to go to bed early and wake up at 4.. maybe ill have better luck that way
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 10:54 AM on Aug. 12, 2013