Change- worry?

My dd is 8 turning 9, she started to change, she become fatter, she got tummy, even though she has plenty of movement- she swims for an hour four days a week and has tennis for two days a week for an hour. I examined her diet- yes, she eats a lot of bread- wheat bread though (4 pieces a day), she also eats fairly sweet yogurts- 25-27 gram of sugar. She eats plenty of fruits, but very little veggies...She likes to eat two-three slices of American cheese, but not even every day. She eats chicken or beef (I buy lean one usually), once a week I give her tilapia or salmon. with this she eats buckwheat or pasta or califlower.
She also become more stubborn and slower in her thinking. Should I worry?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:27 PM on Aug. 11, 2013 in Health

• This is a question for your pediatrician and no one else. Is the doctor concerned?

Answer by gdiamante at 10:29 PM on Aug. 11, 2013

• It would be best to set up a physical with her doctor and write down all of these questions so you remember to ask them.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:48 PM on Aug. 11, 2013

• Kids tend to grow out right before they grow up. They get fat and then get tall. If you are that concerned you need to speak with her doctor.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:53 PM on Aug. 11, 2013

• It sounds normal to me and she is probably heading into a growth spurt.
    Meals should be based on the guideline of 1/2 of the plate is vegetables; 1/4 is protein and 14 is carbohydrates.
    Approximately 1/8 can be other such as fruit or sweets or fats.
    If her diet is balanced as yours should be she is probably fine.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:50 PM on Aug. 11, 2013