Over-the-Moon Excited

My daughter will be going to her kindergarten assessment tomorrow morning, and then she starts school the next Monday. We bought all of her supplies last Friday night, and she just *had* to load up her new backpack today. She's spent the last forty-eight hours carrying around a brand-new purple plastic school box with her favorite pencils in it. She just took that box to bed with her. She's so excited she can hardly stand it, the way kids get for Christmas to come. It's been a long time since I was five, but I don't remember being this jazzed. I don't know how she'll get through the next week without driving herself--and me--ape nuts crazy. Are your little ones counting the days like this till school starts?

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 10:46 PM on Aug. 11, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I cant wait for my los to start school, they started getting sick of each other which turns into me wanting to rip all my hair out from their bickering.

its cute how excited they get my youngest starts kinder this year too, its bitter sweet.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 2:26 PM on Aug. 12, 2013

• We have an open house tomorrow and he starts kindergarten on Weds. I can't wait! :D
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:59 PM on Aug. 11, 2013

• How sweet and scary how fast they grow up hopefully she continues to love school. :)
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 11:07 PM on Aug. 11, 2013

• I remember the days when the kiddos were excited for school. They don't get that excited anymore.

The oldest returns from studying abroad at the end of the month and starts back up at school here a week later... she's not really excited to start. The other three start in two weeks. They're just kinda 'meh' about it. They're a little excited to see all their friends again, but not for the homework.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:19 PM on Aug. 11, 2013

• He started back to school last Thursday, however, Jeremy has been known to get up at 2 or 3 in the morning, get dressed and ready on days that he is excited about.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:20 PM on Aug. 11, 2013

• Not yet. We still have nearly 3 weeks until school starts. They won't go back until Sept. 4th. EVERYONE is tired of summer vacation. My kids are starting to bicker and fight more, and my 6 year old keeps nagging about when school starts. She'll FINALLY be all day as a 1st grader.

sigh
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:28 PM on Aug. 11, 2013

• Oh, and all the teachers/staff won't even be in the school/classrooms until the last week of this month. We have NO supply lists, don't know who the teachers are, or what room or ANY of that stuff.

There are days I HATE this district, they do EVERYTHING last minute. But, they've been great about helping me with my son and his social lapses.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:32 PM on Aug. 11, 2013

• My daughter did- and sadly she didn't make the cut-off either so I had to listen to her for almost a year! She was PISSED they didn't let her go
    *her birthday is in November
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:42 PM on Aug. 11, 2013

• The grandson is.
    My kids were excited to go back to school every year.
    I don't remember if I was that excited but I was always ready to go back.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:44 PM on Aug. 11, 2013

• my kids go back on thursday.. they aren't that excited but i am beyond excited lol
    mampanda0422

Answer by mampanda0422 at 11:48 PM on Aug. 11, 2013