Are you planning to do any pickling this summer?

And what are you planning to pickle? I am thinking about pickling...garlic...watermelon rind...green beans...and cukes. And maybe peppers and pearl onions.

If you do pickle... do you do it by yourself or do you get together with other people to do it?

I usually go to my sister's house and we do it together. But this year I think I am going at it alone or maybe with my mom.

SleepingBeautee

Asked by SleepingBeautee at 11:40 PM on Aug. 11, 2013 in Food & Drink

• I've made a lot of kosher dill pickles and may do a few more. We have a granddaughter who loves them.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 11:53 PM on Aug. 11, 2013

• No. I don't eat anything pickled. *gag*
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:57 PM on Aug. 11, 2013

• Nope. I used to freeze a lot of fresh stuff, but the only pickling I ever did was one time about twenty years ago when I helped a neighbor make dill relish. She had unexpected major surgery right in the middle of her pickling project, so to keep her from stressing about losing bushels of cucumbers, I went over and ran them all through her hand crank grinder. After three or four days of that, I didn't care to ever smell another cucumber again. That feeling wore off, though, and the relish was good. Her daughter did the canning; not sure I'd trut myself with that.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:57 PM on Aug. 11, 2013

• I made some refrigerator pickles, but we haven't tried them yet. I'm thinking a bout trying relish. If I knew my grandma's recipe for watermelon rind pickles I'd make those. Otherwise no, I don't usually pickle. I do freeze plenty and have been canning other stuff.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 12:01 AM on Aug. 12, 2013

• I've make pickles and pickled peppers for my dad.
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:47 AM on Aug. 12, 2013

• Sweet pickles.
    morebee7

Answer by morebee7 at 12:36 AM on Aug. 15, 2013