I got an owie!

It is the darndest thing. I took toast out of the toasted and burnt my finger. Put it right in my mouth so we are talking less than a second burn to mouth time.
I have a hole in my finger . It is split but the hole is about the size of a pencil eraser. The white part is much large. I have never seen anything like this.

How about you.

I put neo and a bandaid on it.

Dardenella

Asked by Dardenella at 12:03 AM on Aug. 12, 2013 in Health

• Awww, have your husband kiss it and make it better. Seriously, though, that sounds kind of bad. Did you touch the hot part of the toaster, not just the toast?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:31 AM on Aug. 12, 2013

• How will you be able to continue here and ask for our advice as it heals if your finger is hurt? I suggest you call home health immediately and get a 24 hour nurse so that she can keep us updated and use our knowledge to help you heal.
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 12:07 AM on Aug. 12, 2013

• Wow. I've never heard of anything that bad from what you're describing. Hope you heal quickly.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:19 AM on Aug. 12, 2013

• were you being serious? IF so, sorry lol I thought you were on the anon idotic post bandwagon.
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 12:32 AM on Aug. 12, 2013

• I am sorry :( that does hurt!
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 12:42 AM on Aug. 12, 2013

• Owww! Were you having toast b/c you nursing that hangover, or was that someone else? (I can't remember off hand) :p Keep it clean & keep an eye on it. It should blister up & protect the burn itself. Keeping a band-aid on it might be hard, if you wash your hands as much as I do throughout the day.  Heal fast.  :)

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:25 AM on Aug. 12, 2013

• Thanks I do heal pretty quickly/ It is on my ringfinger and so I can hunt and peck lol.
    I do think it is serious enough that DH needs to stay home to wait on my every need for at lest 2 weeks. I can not tell you the trauma this has caused.

Tongue in cheek
    Dardenella

Comment by Dardenella (original poster) at 12:29 AM on Aug. 12, 2013

• As far as I know I just touched the toast but it is possible that I touched the toaster. Yes I am serious. I hurts if it is touched but it will be fine. It is just so weird. lol
    Dardenella

Comment by Dardenella (original poster) at 12:38 AM on Aug. 12, 2013

• Oh good gosh Julie
    Dardenella

Comment by Dardenella (original poster) at 12:48 AM on Aug. 12, 2013

• Nope that was not me. Kind of hard to nurse a hangover when you don't drink lol.
    I think the blister must have popped almost instantaneously because it left a hole of raw flesh. I put bandaids on off and on, but as you say it is hard with your hands in water a lot.
    Dardenella

Comment by Dardenella (original poster) at 5:15 PM on Aug. 12, 2013