Finally!! Finished it.

So, on several questions lately I've commented about sewing shit together and all that. I finally! finished what I was doing.

My husband is 6'2" and holding this above his head, arms fully extended. It's 80" tall and 72" wide.

Ballad, I'm sorry, I don't even know how to begin to describe this for you. It's dark blue/light blue and purple/gold. They're quilter's stars and designed in two spirals from the center.

Rosehawk

Asked by Rosehawk at 1:32 AM on Aug. 12, 2013 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I can see that you have been hard at work. I can not tell of ot os quilter
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:39 AM on Aug. 12, 2013

• oops tell if it is quilted
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:40 AM on Aug. 12, 2013

• Not yet. That's just the top part. I need to pass it to my MIL to have her add the batting and the backing. She has a quilting machine at her sister's house that they split the cost of.

Thankfully my MIL is coming up here for Labor Day weekend, so I'll be able to hand it over to her then, instead of mailing it to her.
    Rosehawk

Comment by Rosehawk (original poster) at 1:43 AM on Aug. 12, 2013

• That's awesome! The best I ever did was a nine-patch quilt, which was jjut zillions of squares sewed together in checkerboard patterns, and that was a looooong project. I can't even imagine making something truly beautiful like what you described. You should be proud!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:36 AM on Aug. 12, 2013

• AWESOME!!!! I try to stick to twin size quilts... putting the backs on the big ones is such a pain!! This is beautiful!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 2:37 AM on Aug. 12, 2013

• Good job! I soo wish I had the patience to quilt. Or do anything crafty for that matter.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 2:57 AM on Aug. 12, 2013

• clappingNice job!  I'm glad someone is keeping the art of quilting alive.  I do not have an artsy-craftsy bone in my body! :p

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:21 AM on Aug. 12, 2013

• Beautiful. Great job
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 7:47 AM on Aug. 12, 2013

• Nice, but the pattern makes me not really be able to look at it.  Certain patterns I can not look at.

Answer by louise2 at 8:06 AM on Aug. 12, 2013

• Wow! what a project!
    love the spirals
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:16 AM on Aug. 12, 2013