Dear Media.........Ok now, this is getting beyond stupid!!

Mural of George Zimmerman Shooting Trayvon Martin Unveiled at Florida State Capitol

This is titled, “We Are All Trayvon Martin,” the painting shows Zimmerman firing a gun at a hoodie-wearing figure. The painting features a mirror to signify that the shooting could have happened to anyone. And it looks like Zimmerman is shooting "mirror'  in the head!

There is also an image of Martin Luther King Jr. with blood trickling down his head. Artist Huong unveiled the creation during a sit-in to protest Florida’s so-called “stand your ground” law. ANd she hopes the painting can be displayed in Washington, D.C.

With her painting of MLK is over the line, and he is undoubtedly rolling in his grave at this. How is this gonna help? She calls herself a "peace activist"? She a Vietnam war refugee I wonder if she knows what MLK even stood for? Certainly not this! And she wants to have this in Wash DC? Seriously? And you know whats scary? It probably will. I'd prefer to see the ten commandments in the Capitol Building though myself....

Also...." shooting could have happened to anyone..." No shit? Well if you are gonna attack somebody, bash their head in the gound, WTF do you expect??? 

This stuff is getting out of hand. The jury said 'not guilty', leave the guy and his family alone. The damn media actually reported him getting pulled over for speeding in Texas. Really? I guess slow day in the office. Maybe report stuff such as the bankruptcy filing that makes Detroit the largest city in U.S. history to do so. And maybe other cities may want to pay attention as to why they had too, and learn from Detroit's mistakes.

Or how about the privacy we as a society are used to having?  Will government have access to all your records online?  Can’t believe this came true and our phone records.... 

The list goes on and on and on... 

Michigan-Mom74

Asked by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:32 AM on Aug. 12, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• I got nuthin'. I agree with you though.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 1:51 AM on Aug. 12, 2013

• I agree; that's over the top awful.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:32 AM on Aug. 12, 2013

• Just because the jury said 'not guilty'... doesn't mean he wasn't guilty...

Personally I think the guy is an idiot... but you can't fix stupid.
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 3:01 AM on Aug. 12, 2013

• It's long overdue for this story to fade into memory. The longer people are allowed to stir the pot, the worse things will get. And IMHO, any depiction of MLK along side Travon is a travesty against Dr. King & his teachings. I can't believe no one in the King family has come forward to ask it to stop.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:09 AM on Aug. 12, 2013

• If she is truly a "peace activist", then she should paint to encourage peace, not to encourage division. I know her through this one painting and already have formed a non-positive opinion of her attitudes. (I think she's a talented painter, though.)

And, yes, I agree, Mr. King would be flabbergasted to be portrayed in this manner.

I also agree that the Martin/Zimmerman issue should be laid to rest. It's over, and it's time to move on to more immediate issues.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 8:47 AM on Aug. 12, 2013

• I could say a lot about whomever painted this like she must've paid no attention to the details of the court case. But, it wouldn't do any good because people only see what they want to see. Prejudice over skin color differences need to be laid to rest and I don't feel this painting encourages that.
    HHx5

Answer by HHx5 at 9:05 AM on Aug. 12, 2013

• It's ok he will screw up again. You just wait & see
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 9:28 AM on Aug. 12, 2013

• As long as people keep reading the articles (and then copying and discussing them in social forums) and watching the coverage of it on tv, they are going to keep talking about him.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:34 AM on Aug. 12, 2013

• ...not to mention the fact that the picture is inaccurate. Trayvon was not shot in the head from behind.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 1:38 PM on Aug. 12, 2013

• I think it is sad that people can't just let go and leaders who just encourage it to go on and on and on.

marymargret

Answer by marymargret at 2:29 PM on Aug. 12, 2013