Open fire

Lately I'm interested in shooting a gun, I want to do it in an open field of course. I've never done anything like that. But, in MN I'm sure there's places to shoot a gun, Anybody know if I need to have my own gun or how to google places to go to shoot guns, maybe one's that they have. Or do I have to go out and buy a gun.

Sillylins

Asked by Sillylins at 10:07 AM on Aug. 12, 2013 in Entertainment

• Well you can't really go into an open field & expect a gun to appear. For that you need to purchase a gun. Some shooting ranges will rent guns out , call & ask. Just tell them that you are looking to learn to shoot and ask what they offer.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 10:10 AM on Aug. 12, 2013

• Look up gun ranges in your area. Some will rent out guns. You should take a gun safety class as well. A lot of gun ranges have classes like this.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:12 AM on Aug. 12, 2013

• It depends on where are and the ranges around you. There's two relatively close to me. One is an outdoor range that provides nothing but location and boards to post your targets on. You have to bring your own targets, your own weapons and ammo, hearing protection and safety glasses.

The other is an indoor range at an outdoorsman type store - they will rent weapons, hearing protection, safety glasses and time in the range. You still have to purchase your own targets and ammo to go with the rented supplies, though.

You need to look up the ranges in your area and call around, see what they will and won't provide.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 11:05 AM on Aug. 12, 2013

• Go to a shooting range
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 3:09 PM on Aug. 12, 2013

• Check around for shooting ranges. Some of them will even give you lessons.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:45 PM on Aug. 12, 2013

• You really need to know how to handle a gun properly before carrying and shooting one.

Never just go out and shoot just because you have a desire to do so.

Take a gun safety class/carry permit class. Get familiar with the one that you would use.

You will have to ask permission from the land owner before you just go out and shoot. Each state has laws regarding this.

Check with your county Game Warden and ask about taking a Hunter Safety Class as well.

You will also need to have a background check before buying a gun.
    AubreyRed

Answer by AubreyRed at 4:46 PM on Aug. 13, 2013