Does anyone know of learning to type programs for kids?

does anyone know of any learning to type programs for kids that are free on the internet or know of any cheap ones that work well? for my 7 year old son he would really like to learn how to type better.

n8nnickmom

Asked by n8nnickmom at 11:05 AM on Aug. 12, 2013 in General Parenting

• ChasingBridges

Answer by ChasingBridges at 11:19 AM on Aug. 12, 2013

• Google "free typing lessons" and take your pick. There are tons of them and they are all pretty good for what you want. Fortunately, typing isn't rocket science :)
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 11:29 AM on Aug. 12, 2013

• http://kids.learn2type.com/
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 11:36 AM on Aug. 12, 2013

• Typingweb.com is what my kids old school used and we also let them use at home.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 12:35 PM on Aug. 12, 2013

• I learned to type when I was nine years old so I could start turning in homework in school without the resource teacher writing the print above the braille. I used one of Billie Taylor's programs, which were all done on cassette at the time. There were 24 lessons. If the program is still around, it's probably all on CD's now and updated for the keyboard instead of the typewriter, but it was very good and quick to learn.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:22 PM on Aug. 12, 2013

• I learned to type with Mavis Beacon and the software still exists for kids and adults. Typing 72 words a minute was a huge advantage in college writing those long essays.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 4:53 PM on Aug. 13, 2013