Ballad!!!

I seen in another post that you made a quilt. How difficult was it for you?
I don't mean it in a bad way but I can't sew to save my life lol

funlovinlady

Asked by funlovinlady at 11:37 AM on Aug. 12, 2013 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I have done a lot of things.

Sometimes it is hard for people to understand. I can't imagine how you would use a sewing machine. That it difficult for me to do and I would be interested how you do that.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 5:55 PM on Aug. 12, 2013

• So, I guess we're not talking about quilting anymore.

I can only speak for myself but I will say that, the anon posting aside, the social security thing was off putting for me, as well. And, like it or not, things like that color perceptions. There are people who struggle to get disability benefits and the fact that you cheated the system (regardless of whether you fixed that or not) is frustrating.

I get that you're blind. Everyone knows that you're blind. But being blind, like it or not, DOES impose at least some limitations on a person, I would imagine. So I think that the fact that, no matter what is being discussed, you can do without hesitation may cause some to pause.

Does it matter? Probably not, in the grand scheme of things. We can all expand on our life story to our heart's content. But I think that, if we do, eventually people will question some of those claims.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 7:49 PM on Aug. 12, 2013

• I haven't quite decided if the anons in this thread are being smart-asses or not, but I'm leaning towards yes. Don't be a dick.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 3:06 PM on Aug. 12, 2013

• "I have done a lot of things..."

No... you claim to have done EVERYTHING... which wouldn't even be believable if you weren't "blind".
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 5:26 PM on Aug. 12, 2013

• OP: I hear ya, I can't even sew on a button & make it stay. I would never be able to do a quilt. I admire people who are able to create beautiful things like quilts & afgans.

Speaking of beautiful things, when I sign in to CM I come b/c I enjoy the advice & sharing stories w/ each other. I have enjoyed my 3 + years here, except for moments like in this post, when Anon. & Crafty posted such mean, hateful things. What exactly is your purpose here? What do you hope to accomplish by acting that way? I know it takes all kinds & it's the internet & all, but geez- enough already!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:53 PM on Aug. 12, 2013

• "Um, you do realize what Ballad does for a living right?! Anyone who does that much proofreading, must absorb some of it!"

Yes, but absorbing the knowledge and claiming to actually have direct personal contact with so many topics are two different things...
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 6:34 PM on Aug. 12, 2013

• This is just sad... Seriously do some of you ladies have nothing better to do then be nasty to one another? smh...
    2babyloves3

Answer by 2babyloves3 at 11:35 PM on Aug. 12, 2013

• Ok. I've been lost in 1774 in the moments prior to Culloden. What n the hell is wrong with you people? To begin with, Mrsmom, isn't one to attack without sound reason. She is right on here.

It's a shameful thing to bully any person with a disability; heck you shouldn't bully anyone!!! Shame on all ya'll. Good heavens to Betsy.....wtheck are you teaching your children if your acting like total inconsiderate jackass bullies?

Love you Ballad. Hugs.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 12:10 AM on Aug. 13, 2013

• I'm curious about this as well. By touch, I would think? I'll be interested to hear more!
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 12:04 PM on Aug. 12, 2013

• "Maybe all you haters should expand your minds & find something worthwhile to be pissed off about."

Here you assume hate and anger... not really the case. Just low bullshit tolerance I guess.
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 6:39 PM on Aug. 12, 2013