Guess what crazy thing I'm making today!!

My friend is coming to visit for a few days and she's bringing me some fresh alligator. Sooooo....I'm making a shrimp and alligator cheesecake!

My SO other thinks I've lost my mind. Lol. Anyways, what crazy thing have you made that people were afraid to try?

PandaGwen

Asked by PandaGwen at 11:46 AM on Aug. 12, 2013 in Food & Drink

• Can you please keep us posted on this, maybe with a photo. I've never heard of such a thing.... now, I am curious.

I haven't done anything real outrageous lately. Might be time to try. LOL!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:49 AM on Aug. 12, 2013

• you are making WHAT?

*cringe
    *never thought I'd say that about anything involving cheescake!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:25 PM on Aug. 12, 2013

• Rotfl!! It's really good. I had it last time I went to Nola and I've been dying to recreate it. It's savory not sweet. It has smoked Gouda in it. I going to serve it with a pontchartrain sauce and a creole sauce.
    PandaGwen

Comment by PandaGwen (original poster) at 12:34 PM on Aug. 12, 2013

• So this is not like a dessert cheesecake, but more along the lines of a quiche?
    Sounds good!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 3:05 PM on Aug. 12, 2013

• Yes, it does have cream cheese init, but nothing sweet.
    PandaGwen

Comment by PandaGwen (original poster) at 4:04 PM on Aug. 12, 2013

• That sounds intriguing. I don't think I've ever made anything quite that adventurous. I'm making chicken enchiladas in the crockpot today--basically in layers instead of rolled up--and my house smells soooo good!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:07 PM on Aug. 12, 2013

• After you recreate please post!
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 5:17 PM on Aug. 12, 2013

****
    I do mine in layers too! SOOO much easier that way! *not in the crock pot though
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 6:07 PM on Aug. 12, 2013

• OK that sounds great! I've had gator & I loved it. And your cooking ALWAYS sounds good, so please let us know how it turned out. I'm sure it will be yummy, & I will be jealous. :p
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:53 PM on Aug. 12, 2013