My mother...

My mother asked me if I would qualify for a loan to get a tummy tuck. She started googling the information for me! She wants me to STRIP. Why?.......

Because she believes I will never amount to anything, to be able to support myself, and my son. What a way for your own mother to view you, huh?

Ouch...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:57 PM on Aug. 12, 2013 in General Parenting

• tell your mom to get a tummy tuck and support you
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 1:01 PM on Aug. 12, 2013

• Good grief!
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 1:09 PM on Aug. 12, 2013

• Sounds like something my mother would say She wouldn't really want me to strip, but she says mean things like that to 'motivate' her children to prove her wrong.
    ChasingBridges

Answer by ChasingBridges at 1:09 PM on Aug. 12, 2013

• Haha. No. My mother was serious.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:25 PM on Aug. 12, 2013

• Tell your mother to piss off! Anybody who ever tells another person she won't amount to anything should have her tongue snipped out with a pair of dull kitchen scissors!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:29 PM on Aug. 12, 2013

• How truly hurtful. I can't imagine saying that to anyone, let alone my own child. Way to boost your self esteem. If anyone says anything about the extra pounds I'm carrying, I just remind them that Marilyn Monroe was a size 14. She was considered voluptuous & so am I! :0
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 1:41 PM on Aug. 12, 2013

• Well strippers do make good money. That is probably what she was talking about.

Answer by louise2 at 1:45 PM on Aug. 12, 2013

• OMG- I thought she wanted you to strip in front of her so she could look at your tummy. She wants you to be a stripper?! WTH?! Sounds like you need to surround yourself with positive people who will not belittle you or the choices you make for you & your son. She would not be one of those people. So sorry. :(
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 1:49 PM on Aug. 12, 2013

• yikes
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 2:00 PM on Aug. 12, 2013

• Show her you will amount to something better.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 2:10 PM on Aug. 12, 2013