birthday etiquette

My ten year old is wanting to have a birthday party. I am on a tight budget but would like to be able to have her one that she wants. The party she wants is at a pay per person place. I don't mind to pay for the kids but if parents come it could get quite expensive. How could I explain that kids are free but parents have to pay. I don't mind them staying just not participating in the activities(hay ride things to that effect). I also don't mind them eating the food.

twokidsmom0310

Asked by twokidsmom0310 at 1:48 PM on Aug. 12, 2013 in Tweens (9-12)

• Just include wording in the invitation that says: "the cost for the children is covered. An additional fee for siblings or parents who stay is not." Then there's no surprises on anyone. Have fun :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 1:51 PM on Aug. 12, 2013

• I have had many parties where you pay for the kids. It is understood that the parents don't participate. They will probably just drop off or wander around while the party goes on. You can write "drop off" on the invitation. But at that age especially, I wouldn't think the parents would join in.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:54 PM on Aug. 12, 2013

• Did you call or go to the place & ask how it worked there? Do you also have to pay for Chaperones? I gave my Son a party at a Bounce place & since only the kids were bouncing I just paid for the extra food for the Parents. Prepare yourself for the siblings of the kids coming too. I had to pay for 3 additional kids because the Parents brought brothers & sisiers.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:56 PM on Aug. 12, 2013

• sisters*
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:13 PM on Aug. 12, 2013

• _____ is invited to ______'s party at (place) on (date) at (time). All of ______'s activities are included! We will be enjoying (activity list)
    Parents and siblings are welcome to stay and enjoy cake and snacks but if you wish to purchase additional activity packages prices are as follows:
    Adults $$
    Children $$
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:03 PM on Aug. 12, 2013

• I would just put on the invitation, "Cost for the invited child is covered."
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:04 PM on Aug. 12, 2013

• Write exactly that. Since you are handwriting these out say it clearly, Jane's admission will be paid into the XYZ House
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 6:44 PM on Aug. 12, 2013

• This actually surprises me. I've never had parents want to hang about for parties because they understand that it's for the kids and not for grown ups.
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 5:10 AM on Aug. 13, 2013