What would you do?

You and your family go out to a sight. That lets you dig for diamonds (seen this on GMA).  And your son find a rough diamond. Worth maybe $10,000.

Sense he found it, would you sell it and put it into a savings account for his future. Or say. I payed for this trip.  It is  family money and goes to family things.

Asked by louise2 at 6:14 PM on Aug. 12, 2013 in Just for Fun

• I guess it would depend on how the family was doing. If we were well enough off that we took a vacation together, then I would hope the money could be put away for the boy's future. If we were really struggling, then it wouldn't do much good to put the money away for a future that was already in jeopardy.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:49 AM on Aug. 13, 2013

• That is an interesting idea; to put the rock itself away for the child for when they are older. I like that idea.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 6:53 PM on Aug. 12, 2013

• My son is 32 and I am pretty sure that I would say keep it and put it toward bills or a house etc.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 6:20 PM on Aug. 12, 2013

• I would keep it for him in a lock box and when he is old enough to understand and handle the value I would hand him the key to the lock box and let him choose what to do.
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 6:20 PM on Aug. 12, 2013

• I'd keep it for him. Maybe to use for an engagement ring if that event presented itself
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 6:21 PM on Aug. 12, 2013

• He found it so it's his, IMO. I'd sale it and put the money in a savings account for him
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 6:35 PM on Aug. 12, 2013

• I saw that story. I think I would split it with the kid & put his half in the college fund. After all, he wouldn't have found it if the parents didn't pay for the trip, right? Oh the luck of some people.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:36 PM on Aug. 12, 2013

• Put the money in his savings account.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 6:42 PM on Aug. 12, 2013

• College fund.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 6:58 PM on Aug. 12, 2013

• i would say
    HAVE A BLESSED DAY
    :)
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 3:56 PM on Aug. 20, 2013