Ch 7 - have you filed?

My boyfriend is in a lot of debt. House, car, business - you name it. Is Ch 7 a good option?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:34 PM on Aug. 12, 2013 in Money & Work

• With a business involved, it may not be that simple. He needs to talk to a bankruptcy attorney for the best advice on his options.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:47 PM on Aug. 12, 2013

• My opinion is that he is the one who took on the debt and he is the one who should pay it off.

Many years ago DH and I also ended up with a huge amount of debt. We file bankruptcy simply because we needed the time to pay it off and the creditors were not willing to work with us. At the hearing we told the judge that we were going to pay those debts and he set it up to be recorded through the court. It stopped all interest and when we had paid it off in two years of living as fruagally as possible, the judge ordered the bankruptcy and all late filings to be removed from our credit.
    Your boyfriend may be able to work something out but in my opinion it is wrong to have a jolly old time and thn stick someone else with the bill.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 6:50 PM on Aug. 12, 2013

• You need to speak with a lawyer,or your boyfriend does.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 7:07 PM on Aug. 12, 2013

• You need sound legal advice for your specific situation, not speculation from strangers on the Internet. Good luck.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:43 AM on Aug. 13, 2013