Am I wrong? adult content

My DH of 10 years doesn't feel like we need to spend time apart with our friends, but I need the time with my friends to be happy. I feel like when I don't spend time with my friends I don't get any time to be me, but only someone's mom, wife, or employee. I allow him to have all the free time he wants with his friends, but every time I plan to do something with my friends, like once every few weeks, he feels like I am excluding him and I don't want him around.

Is it so wrong to want to spend time with my friends without my husband?

amandajoy21

Asked by amandajoy21 at 7:12 PM on Aug. 12, 2013 in Relationships

• Nope, not at all. My ex was like that as well. He would even bug me about going to lunch with my friends even though he couldn't go to lunch with me anyway. Just one of the many reasons he is my ex.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 7:14 PM on Aug. 12, 2013

• Please let him know that it is actually very good and VERY HEALTHY for women to want to hang out with other women. It helps us to unwind and relax and have some fun.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 7:16 PM on Aug. 12, 2013

• Nope.
    Try joining a book club or something to make it seem more like it's a mandatory commitment, rather than a fun girls night out.
    That's the main thing I love about my job. "Sorry honey, I have to go to work." Work entails: cocktails, penis jokes, and I get paid to do it!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 7:17 PM on Aug. 12, 2013

• Sounds odd to me,but my husband and I go out without kids alone or with other couples, I go out with my friends for lunch or whatever,but don't go to bars dance clubs without him.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 7:17 PM on Aug. 12, 2013

• selfish
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 7:17 PM on Aug. 12, 2013

• Well we normally do movie nights, watching movies that he isn't interested in, or the most recent event is a girls only passion party that he is very upset that he isn't invited to. I have included him in a lot of the planning and details so it isn't like I am trying to hide it from him. The last movie night we had at our house and he bitched the whole night about what we were watching. He blames me for not having much of a social life outside of me, but I don't stop him from going places or meeting new people.
    amandajoy21

Comment by amandajoy21 (original poster) at 7:21 PM on Aug. 12, 2013

• That's what happens when you book with the wrong company- WE invite the men to join the fun, and encourage couples to shop together!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 7:44 PM on Aug. 12, 2013

• I wouldn't be happy if I couldn't spend time with my friends once in a while. My boyfriend never seems too concerned about it. Your husband sounds kind of insecure.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:46 PM on Aug. 12, 2013

• PartyGalAnne they do have couples parties, but many of my friends are single and didn't want to have a couples party. We went online together and looked at the catalog and looked at what things we are interested in and what we would like to purchase.
    amandajoy21

Comment by amandajoy21 (original poster) at 8:10 PM on Aug. 12, 2013

• no you are not wrong. Having a good balance is healthy.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:38 PM on Aug. 12, 2013