Need help please...

I have a situation I need help with. I want to join a direct sales company. But here is my problem. I was laid off from my job and have literally no money to get started. I don't want to have to do parties because I have only one car and hubby needs it too. I basically need something free to join that I don't have I buy a kit. Can you help please?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:28 PM on Aug. 12, 2013 in Money & Work

• I'm not sure there are many direct sales companies where you don't have to buy a starter kit. Could you do something else like babysitting or pet care just long enough to save up the money for the investment?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:38 PM on Aug. 12, 2013

• No because I am having to find a full time job too so I would not be able to do the babysitting
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:40 PM on Aug. 12, 2013

• Nope.
    You need to purchase a kit so you have the products to demonstrate and sell.
    You'll need a vehicle to deliver your orders and meet with potential clients and customers, attend training sessions, network, etc. (Unless you live in a city with a great public transportation system).
    Direct selling is all about making connections and sharing experiences. That doesn't work online.
    You can make excuses, or you can make money. You can't do both.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 7:41 PM on Aug. 12, 2013

• I am not making excuses. I am having to work with what I have. I know there are companies that can help me because I have seen people online talking about how well they are doing with their online business. Please don't judge me I am just trying to figure out how to provide for my family.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:58 PM on Aug. 12, 2013

• Yes you must take in kids cats dogs what ever it takes until you make enough money, you can do this it's hard work but you will do great just think outside of the box good luck...

Alabama3858

Answer by Alabama3858 at 8:27 PM on Aug. 12, 2013

• First of all I work. I don't depend on welfare. I am just looking for some advice on options. I was on a job through a temp agency and my assignement ended. Thank you all and f you anonymous
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:40 PM on Aug. 12, 2013

• No sorry. Since you need products if for nothing else than to familiarize yourself with them, there is always a start up cost. You have to get a customer base and there are very few ways to do this other than to have parties or go door to door.

Avon and similar will charge you to put up a web page under their auspices and you are not allowed to do a web page separate from theirs. You wouldn't want to because you may or may not get sales because they are looking for a rep in their area. Many people will ask for a catalog and or a sample. All these thing cost mosey and time.

The old saying that you can not get something for nothing is very true.

Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 9:05 PM on Aug. 12, 2013

• Well I was selling Avon but I was spending more on catalogs than I was getting in orders.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:34 PM on Aug. 12, 2013

• sell stuff on ebay?
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:37 PM on Aug. 12, 2013

• Well since you know it all, when you come across one let me know.
    I do direct sales FULL TIME, so I might happen to know a thing or two....
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 10:26 PM on Aug. 12, 2013