Stupid Social question.

I have this new friend. I have not made a new friend since I was in high school 15 years ago. Eben DH I met in high school... I only have 2 friends I do things with, without kids. This new friend has no kids. We are are going to an amusement park just us. I am really super excited but I am also nervous. I like her a lot I am not super comfortable with her yet. This sounds so dumb, even just typing it. What if I need to go to the bathroom? I really hate telling people I have to go. I don't know why but it embarrasses me. My plan is to just wait until she has to go and then follow suit but what if I have to go first? What if I have to go while in the car? I am so embarrassed to even ask this but I am so socially stupid and shy. I am mush more out going online and most of you know me but I am too embarrassed to use my SN. How dumb is that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:24 PM on Aug. 12, 2013 in Relationships

• read this book

have fun

fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:30 PM on Aug. 12, 2013

• have fun at the park
    not the reading the book...unless you are into that kind of thing

no judging
    lol
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:31 PM on Aug. 12, 2013

• The fact that you're hesitant to find the restroom will likely be more odd to her than you just going if you need to. Have you seen a doctor for your social anxiety? That may be something to think about so that you can improve your life
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 9:34 PM on Aug. 12, 2013

• I know my feelings aren't normal. I have not spoken to a doctor because I don't think they could really help me. I can't afford to go on long term medication and I can't really afford therapy either. I assume I need both. I have been like this my whole life. I can remeber it as far back as kindergarten. Making new friends is so hard for me and then I get scared once I start to make a new friend becuse I am shy and nervous.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:46 PM on Aug. 12, 2013

• You may not need therapy and you may be able to get help on any medication that is suggested. You deserve a better life than this.

Think about it this way....if you had diabetes, would you not treat it? This really isn't much different. Good luck to you
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 9:50 PM on Aug. 12, 2013

• Everyone goes. Maybe after a meal or a particularly long line say "I have to pee. Do you need to go?" That's what women do together. They pee. She's going to say yes or no.
    She's not going to tell you to fuck off and die. She is not going to hate you. No broken hearts. Just yes or no.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 10:17 PM on Aug. 12, 2013

• LOL, then don't make friends. I don't really have any friends here where I live either, but it doesn't bother me...

Hey stop that...

What do you mean, stop that?

I told you to be nice...

Oh...

See???!!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:23 PM on Aug. 12, 2013

• It will be okay. Just when you need to go, work up the courage and say so. It isn't socially bad to do that. Social anxiety can be overcome, one person at a time. As you get comfortable, you will relax a bit. Everyone has a certain amount of anxiety. I don't think you are abnormal, just a bit anxious. It will be okay! :)
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 11:51 PM on Aug. 12, 2013

• No question is a stupid question. I really think you should get to the bottom of why you have so much anxiety about this. Its not good for you. This is something that shouldn't be embarrassing to you at all. We ALL go to the bathroom. Something serious is causing you this anxiety. Maybe Im wrong. Im not a doctor of any kind. This just seems too unusual though to be something small. Good luck with all of this!
    ._Andrea_.

Answer by ._Andrea_. at 1:07 AM on Aug. 13, 2013

• She won't care if you tell her you have to go. Most women go in pairs anyway... Honestly, she won't think a thing... Just be yourself and be silly, it opens lots of doors.

I'm crazy, though.
    AubreyRed

Answer by AubreyRed at 1:06 PM on Aug. 13, 2013