What's this Feeling?

I've been talking to this boy for almost year. We tried dating but it was awkward. So we broke up but we know how we feel about each other. Everyday for the past 8 1/2 months I've thought about him there has NEVER been one day where I don't think about him. When I look at him I can't help but, smile. I feel like myself around him I feel amazing talking to him. We argue but, we work everything out. We tell each other how we really feel. Thinking about him makes me sooooo happy I smile nonstop while talking to him. He makes me feel all bubbly inside. We've been through our ups and downs. But this feeling I got for him it's a feeling I never had and a feeling I wish to know about .

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:41 AM on Aug. 13, 2013 in Relationships

• If dating is awkward, then all you've got is infatuation. It's no more lasting then a soap bubble.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:44 AM on Aug. 13, 2013

• If you're so taken with him, why was dating awkward? What was awkward about it?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:49 AM on Aug. 13, 2013

• "boy"??
    Try a MAN.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:57 AM on Aug. 13, 2013

• Yeah it's contradicting when you say dating was awkward but that you still have feelings. Maybe he's just meant to be a good friend. He's not gay, is he? I've known several people who felt this way about, or were even married to, a guy that ended up being a closet gay. Try going on dates with several other people (dates not dating) and see if you still feel the same. The other part of the equation is how he feels about you. If he doesn't feel the same way, you're in love with him but it's not love. It's a crush. Definitely sounds like it's a crush though. I had a crush in college and years later, I still think about him once in a while, mostly because of how alive I felt when I was infatuated, but not because we were soul mates.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 3:41 AM on Aug. 13, 2013

• Infatuation is wonderful! Exciting! Scary!

Answer by Bmat at 7:13 AM on Aug. 13, 2013

• I am with Partygal, us grown women dat MEN, not BOYS.

Answer by louise2 at 7:15 AM on Aug. 13, 2013

• You like him, but dating was awkward. Sounds to me like you're either physically attracted or you're attracted to a few things about him, but overall you two aren't compatible and you've yet to reconcile yourself to the fact that no matter how big a crush you have on him, it can never really be anything.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:46 AM on Aug. 13, 2013

• i think crushes end up failing.You can be totally in love with them but that doesn't mean it's going to work out. I guess it depends on what he's feeling, give it time, if the feelings are still there there might be something but it depends on the guy and if he wants to be with you too. good luck!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 9:17 AM on Aug. 13, 2013