My 15 month old daughter started going pee on her lil potty yesterday, shes used it 3 times already. How often should I take her to the bathroom to try? and when can I expect her to try going poo in her potty?

LuvMyLilRdHeads

Asked by LuvMyLilRdHeads at 7:28 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• For the first week or so I would suggest every hour to two hours. You can expect her to poo on it when she is ready. I am glad that she is doing this early for you. Keep up the good work.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:30 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I always took my kids every 20 minutes until they got the hang of it. Of course they didn't go everytime, but i didn't want there to be an accident.
    4monkees

Answer by 4monkees at 8:27 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• My daughter is 16 mths and we started on her first bday. I take her everytime i go or anytime she goes to the bathroom door. She pooed the first week, but only because i know that she always goes around that time so i took to her potty. She really seems to respond well when i let her grab the toilet paper and let her "wipe". then i dump it in the toilet and let her flush it. for some reason she loves flushing and is eager to go! good luck! i
    sylvia10907

Answer by sylvia10907 at 10:01 PM on Feb. 18, 2009