Do you wish we had the option..

to be able to block some members from sight? Like you cannot see their answers or questions?

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 10:42 AM on Aug. 13, 2013 in About CafeMom

• Honestly, I wish people would be a little less vicious and not give others reasons to want to block them, but I'm admittedly kind of bitter on the issue right now.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:46 PM on Aug. 13, 2013

• How dramalicious. Block the ability to see people quoting you, but you'd still know what they were saying when people responded to them, unless you intend to block every question that someone you don't like has any participation in at all. Even then, all it means is things going on you're not aware of, and we've seen how that works when people fly off half-cocked with only half the info (ala defending the "good kind nice people" where were sending foul and harassing messages to others or following them around anon)
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:46 AM on Aug. 13, 2013

• No, not really. Anytime someone complains about this they're told by many to just "ignore" the questions/responses or "move on" or "you have the option of not participating" so I'm not sure what the point would be.

Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 10:47 AM on Aug. 13, 2013

• I just want the ANON feature gone.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 10:58 AM on Aug. 13, 2013

• Yes & No. I think it would be good in some ways but, those I would block are usually the shit-stirrers so, some questions' answers would make no sense (like when answers have been poofed by admin) & I'd end up missing a lot.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 10:48 AM on Aug. 13, 2013

• If you think someone is spouting BS,you can choose to not see them here

Of course you can. You can also choose to comment on it when they quote you, answer your own questions, or find them making blanket accusations which encompass a lot more people than they actually have a problem with.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:00 AM on Aug. 13, 2013

• It's not that it "gets to us." There are just certain people it would be nice to not have to see or keep them from seeing us.

Really though, the answer to that particular problem is the site enforcing their rules instead of giving someone a blank slate every time they delete their acct and start over. Nobody should get a free pass to be a religious bigot simply because they make a new acct every time they get X number of warnings on the previous acct.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:32 AM on Aug. 13, 2013

• while many spout BS quite often, I do find some of their posts comical so I take a look and I either answer or I move on. There is no one on here that irritates me so much that I care to block them.

luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 10:59 AM on Aug. 13, 2013

• I often think that having the option to block derailing memes

Sometimes, Johnny Depp,cupcakes and EPT images are the perfect response :)

feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 12:42 PM on Aug. 13, 2013

• We are grown ups, do we really need to block people? We should be able to just back out of a conversation if it is not something we like or care to be a part of.

You can not block people in real life ( well you can try with a restraining order) but really, in here? Where is the need? Just don't read the questions they post or the answers they are posting.

It is called using the "walk away method".
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 10:53 AM on Aug. 13, 2013