The toy section is not a baby sitting area

Why do parents think that they can plant their kids in the toy section of the store,and then go finish their shopping?
I mostly notice this at thrift stores,but i've seen it other places as well

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 2:46 PM on Aug. 13, 2013 in General Parenting

• Thrift stores and walmart. I am mean and ask them where their mother is and I return them to their mothers if necessary. Usually the run to them right away anyway. lol. I get sick of that crap.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:24 PM on Aug. 13, 2013

• And why do they get upset when you tell their snowflakes to move out of the way so you can get on with your own shopping?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 2:48 PM on Aug. 13, 2013

• Or what about when parents let their kids run wild with the shopping carts at the grocery store? Idk how many times I've almost been run over by a kid pushing a cart at 100 mph and the parents are a mile away not paying any attention. Of course they pay attention when I chew the kid out for hitting me! Then of course it's somehow my fault the little fuckers came outta nowhere and ran right into me!
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 3:21 PM on Aug. 13, 2013

• I have never seen anyone do that at the grocery store
    I have let my 6yr old sit in the children's section with the Thomas the train table in the book store while I got 2 aisles over to look at adult books.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 2:51 PM on Aug. 13, 2013

• I work at a small museum and we have the "Cockpit" kids classroom. I walked in there the other day and there were a couple of kids under the age of 6 just hanging out, found their parent in another building on our campus......
    emptynstr

Answer by emptynstr at 2:53 PM on Aug. 13, 2013

• Yikes, I have never left my children there, but I do pick up toys, let them play and then leave them near checkout when I am done!
    AngZacc

Answer by AngZacc at 3:00 PM on Aug. 13, 2013

• Thankfully I have never seen it.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 3:02 PM on Aug. 13, 2013

• I've seen that at Walmart. A couple let their kids ride display bicycles all around the store including a toddler with training wheels. Then just left the bicycles abandoned in different isles.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:42 PM on Aug. 13, 2013

• What troubles me more than stepping over these kids who are playing and often causing trouble while my child is well behaved and by my side (well usually well behaved) is the fact that some of the kids left to play in the toy section are really pretty little--even with a sibling. Do they trust Wal-Mart or really any store for that matter? If someone took a child from my local Wal-Mart that individual could be on one of 4 highways and off in a hundred different directions before the parent even noticed them missing.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 4:48 PM on Aug. 13, 2013

• Right, and then the parents yell at you if you dare to say anything to their little angels about the factthat the store aisle isn't a very safe place to ride skateboards or bounce basketballs.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:52 PM on Aug. 13, 2013