Pancakes in the crock pot?

I've seen a few recipes, and I have one I'm interested in trying. I was just wondering if anyone has done this, before I attempt it myself, haha.

If you did, how did it come out?
If you haven't, is it something you would try?

I'm thinking of doing it tonight because ds starts kindergarten in the morning and it might make a nice special kind of breakfast for him - and I won't have to get up and cook on top of getting him into a new morning routine to get ready for school, lol ;)

bandgeek521

Asked by bandgeek521 at 4:25 PM on Aug. 13, 2013 in Food & Drink

• This is a new concept to me completely... I will be watching this thread.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:26 PM on Aug. 13, 2013

• I've never heard of it, but I am one that will try new things, so I'd try it
    ChasingBridges

Answer by ChasingBridges at 4:26 PM on Aug. 13, 2013

• I've never heard of this, either. Would you post the recipe?

MichiganMom posted a nice oatmeal recipe for the crockpot last night that might interest you, too. It should be here somewhere. I'm going to try it as soon as I buy apples and old-fashioned oats.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:33 PM on Aug. 13, 2013

• not really sure how that would even work...

I don't eat pancakes anymore because I have no idea how many calories are involved!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 4:36 PM on Aug. 13, 2013

• We made the pancakes batter in mini muffin tins before w/ the sausage. That was pretty yummy...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:38 PM on Aug. 13, 2013

• I haven't tried the pancake but I made steel cut oats in my crockpot a couple of weeks ago.  Turned out great.  I just changed the recipe to include what I liked (blueberries and honey) and it was ready when I got up.  Very nice and convenient

Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 4:54 PM on Aug. 13, 2013

• maybe I'll try it with my kids tomorrow and let you know. I have off this week so I have time on my hands.
    ChasingBridges

Answer by ChasingBridges at 5:25 PM on Aug. 13, 2013

• Hmmmm. Sounds interesting.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 6:23 PM on Aug. 13, 2013

• No but sounds interesting.
    morebee7

Answer by morebee7 at 12:33 AM on Aug. 15, 2013

• Here's the recipe I'm thinking of using. The recipe is simple enough - the concept is what is new to me, haha ;)

bandgeek521

Comment by bandgeek521 (original poster) at 4:33 PM on Aug. 13, 2013