Ugh...new, young colorist colored my hair black.

My normal gal is on vacation and I needed it done because I have a party to go to this weekend. Wanted to hide the grow out roots. Now, it's black and I have brown hair. She said it was my natural hair color. Holy hell, my kids didn't even recognize me. What do I do? It IS a wash out so do I just wash it four times before the party? Darn it...

I don't want to go in to correct it. I don't have the time or money and don't want her fixing it.

jeanclaudia

Asked by jeanclaudia at 7:55 PM on Aug. 13, 2013 in Beauty & Style

• my hair can't take much more damage

may want to look into one of these options.

feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 12:10 PM on Aug. 14, 2013

• Time may be a problem but you should NOT have to pay for a correction.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:56 PM on Aug. 13, 2013

• If SHE screwed it up, you should NOT have to pay for it to be fixed, talk to management and they should understand how you need it fixed and should be understanding if you do not want her to work on you again.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 8:31 PM on Aug. 13, 2013

• Dawn dish soap will fade the color, I had a stylist tell me it, just make sure to condition a bunch.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 8:02 PM on Aug. 13, 2013

• did you complain to management?
    you didnt pay for the screw up did you?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 8:13 PM on Aug. 13, 2013

• Try using Dawn or other dish liquid to wash it out. I'm assuming it's a demi- permanent color, so hopefully that will do the trick. Make sure you deep condition your hair well after doing this. You can leave the deep conditioner on overnight and cover with a plastic cap and wrap a towel around your hair. Another thing you can try using is Redken Pre Art, it's a deep clarifying treatment (it's not the same as a clarifying shampoo). It will lift a demi permanent color and remove product, hard water and medication buildup. You shampoo with a clarifying shampoo after the treatment and deep condition. Good luck!
    Nos4

Answer by Nos4 at 8:28 PM on Aug. 13, 2013

• Why not just rock it. Unless you are deathly white and it just washes you out then why not just be confident about it.
    amandajoy21

Answer by amandajoy21 at 9:44 PM on Aug. 13, 2013

• I found out the hard way that body washes will also help fade it faster.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 9:45 PM on Aug. 13, 2013

• Lots of things will fade hair fast..... Dawn works great. Or any type of clarifying shampoo will work as well. Hell all I have to do is wash mine and the color fades... And that's PERMANENT color!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:58 PM on Aug. 13, 2013

• Dawn and baking soda!!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 9:58 PM on Aug. 13, 2013