What would you think if this program?

What would you feel about a program that allowed people who lost their jobs by no fault of their own to be able to pay premiums on the amount per month they'd need to keep their current house car etc... basically maintain their lifestyle? They couldn't sign up for more then they currently earn? Would you be for or against this? WHY?

SylviaNCali

Asked by SylviaNCali at 7:41 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Do you mean like a private income insurance?
    Mindy-KidCentri

Answer by Mindy-KidCentri at 7:43 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• You mean make one monthly payment for all their debts.....less than all their bills currently add to?

If that's what you mean, I think it's just another subsidy in the making.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 7:43 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• There already is such a thing: it is called the CREDIT PROTECTION PLAN on your loans, your credit cards your mortgage etc.
    SFerber

Answer by SFerber at 7:56 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• The current plan Obama and his cronies implemented worries me. We are going to fix people who are upside down on their mortgage because of falling home prices. So when the houses do go back up in value the people are going to see a windfall profit from that. Lets say they paid 400k for a home. The bank in good faith loaned them this amount. Their home now is only worth 200k so they get to refinance for the 200k and the bank has to eat the other 200k. In 10 years they sell by then the house is at 600k because the economy is doing well again and homes have gone up. The banks should be able to get the 200k back when the house sells. That money belongs to shareholders who are being screwed right now.

I think it stinks people are losing their homes. I don't think another Government program is the answer. Welfare has never worked kept people in poverty. This will do the same.
    Anonymous

• Holy crap posted that in the wrong place sorry.lol

I don't think what you are suggesting will work or should be done. Less Government intervention is better. We all get in binds and we have to find a way out of them. I grew up in the 70s which were as bad if not worse as now. We made it once Carter was kicked out and our country became more fiscally responsible.
    Anonymous

• It could be private or Govt. Ran. I'd prefer private but highly regulated.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 8:19 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• If you lost your job, get another one! That's why my hubby and I are doing to make ends meet until he finds another one! That, and we're busting open our 401k savings plan....desperate times!
    Anonymous