For those of us who have suffered miscarriages...

I've had two. The last one went into the 5th month. It was hard. How many did you have until you decided you would go ahead and ttc again...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:15 PM on Aug. 13, 2013 in Pregnancy

• I'm sorry for your loss. Hopefully, since one of your miscarriages was so late in pregnancy, your doctor gave you some idea of why it happened. That would be a good place to start when deciding what steps, if any, you can take before trying again.

After I had my daughter, I lost three babies in fifteen months trying for a second child. I took a break for a while and am now trying once more. If I conceive, I'll be supplemented for low progesterone during my pregnancy, since low progesterone is a common cause of recurrent miscarriage. If I lose another one, that will be it for me, and I'll be happy to have my wonderful little girl.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:32 PM on Aug. 13, 2013

• I haven't personally had any but my friend did around 10 weeks and she only waited a few months before TTC again. But you need to give yourself time to grieve especially since you made quite far into this pregnancy before you miscarried. If your two miscarriages are recent you may want to talk to a doctor before trying again to make sure you will have a healthy pregnancy this time around.
    amandajoy21

Answer by amandajoy21 at 9:41 PM on Aug. 13, 2013

• I lost three between the 5 and sixth month. I was successful with the 4thourth on total bedrest
    The next was also loat 31 weeks. The next one ws successful with pretty much the same restrictions, The doctor felt and has talked to us about preventing further pregnancies for the state of my physical am mental health. We went with his suggestion.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:25 AM on Aug. 14, 2013

• So sorry for your loss. I've only had the one. I am convinced it was because of low progesterone. I've had to be supplemented through all four of the other pregnancies. I never really decided to TTC again because we weren't really trying in the first place. I just decided I wanted to be with my husband. I wanted the physical contact more than anything else at the time.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:07 PM on Aug. 14, 2013